[PR2] A use for GP
Hey everyone; Kursed here. Today I'm going to introduce an idea to finally create a use for Guild Points!
I sloppily created a few images to help explain my idea.

[Image: OAAovm8.png]

Here we have a guild, correct? it's... so bland and plain! What if Guild points made our guild profiles look a LOT better?
But firstly; let's also make GP... into something! A coin, perhaps?

[Image: 7Qd8h2P.png]

And if you gather more GP? ...

[Image: 71JIBoe.png]

Wait... whats that Canadian flag in the corner? it... must be from somewhere else?
Oh yes! of course! The GUILD VAULT! (only accessible by the admin/crowned players of the guild)

[Image: Z7j1Ejv.png]

(These are just examples) I love the idea of adding decorations to guild profiles, or adding cool options! The guild rank... could (and would) be abused. That's why it would be super pricey. I'm also open to other ideas!

Other Guild vault items I was considering: 

-Guild text colouring
-Raining money background
-raining hearts background

But... since I bought the national flag with my 1000 GP, now my profile has no money in the BG... but I have a new cool flag now so... sweet!

[Image: 3PCujs1.png]

=) open to criticisms and suggestions.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kursed For This Useful Post:
  • Colind, gemj, Magniloquent, MoonFiredk, Mulley, new bat pr2, Zenas
Most of the cosmetics around the guild banner would require a client edit, which is impossible. I do think it would be cool to be able to redeem your GP for something in the vault.. But what...
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Eternal For This Useful Post:
  • Mulley
(3rd June 2018, 9:42 PM)Eternal Wrote: Most of the cosmetics around the guild banner would require a client edit, which is impossible. I do think it would be cool to be able to redeem your GP for something in the vault.. But what...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Would it require a client edit to exchange GP for Kreds or parts maybe?

Not necessarily Kreds, but something to spend in VOM?
rank token will be too op. Also the other 2 things are random as I don't think I'd be farming gp to have a flag on my guild wish it was something maybe for your own character when someone clicks your name or parts you can buy. Or a possibility to buy the almighty artifact hat.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RawCkeT For This Useful Post:
  • gemj, Residays
We can't award Kreds for free because those are sold and managed by Kong. I don't think we can make GP redeemable in any way using the client, but we could definitely do something with a webpage (sort of like the guild transfer script).

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • gemj, Mulley
I'd love to be able to spend my 300,000 guild points Smile
Sounds interesting, I wish we could edit the client though ;-;
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to BrokenBulb For This Useful Post:
  • Zelante
(3rd June 2018, 9:42 PM)Eternal Wrote: Most of the cosmetics around the guild banner would require a client edit, which is impossible. I do think it would be cool to be able to redeem your GP for something in the vault.. But what...

This is not impossible and actually one of the easiest client edits to make. 

@bls1999 while kongregate handles kreds, that is a third party service. The pr2 servers still have the final say over everything and so it is possible to do what the OP suggested.

@OP Many people speak of "Newest spam", and while this is not going to be an ideal suggestion for many people .. Perhaps allow users to spend GP to increase a "maximum" save level output per hour.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to TheSupreme For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
if GP would be to put to use, i think it shouldn’t be anything that can make yourself be better than anybody else, like an extra rank for example, it should just be perks like the curtain and flag thing, cool things. it’s only because people will just find ways to boost and cheat to get them much faster, but if it’s things that don’t matter like the flag n curtains, it wouldn’t matter, just coolness. Smile
Pineapple, Coconut, BIG Banana, 2 BIG meat patties & a ooshy mama! 

I just thought of an idea where you can use your guild points to buy font colors for your guild. You can't actually set the color of your guild anymore because it doesn't allow those characters so maybe with a php file there could be font colors you can buy for your guild and of the ones you have bought you can select which one you would like to use.
[Image: sigimage.php?u=714605&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC][Image: sigimage.php?u=735689&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC]
Can i bump this Smile
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Shane1334 For This Useful Post:
  • Mulley
(22nd January 2019, 7:11 PM)Shane1334 Wrote: Can i bump this Smile

You can!

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Mulley
Add pewdiepie set for GP, that automatically subscribes you to pewdiepie. Otherwise, gr8 idea
life can be cut short. try to enjoy it.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ~Bowl For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999, gemj, Mulley, Zelante
I used to play an mmorpg where ppl could invest into guilds and upload 25x25 or 50x50 size pictures for gbanner.
Ppl could carry the lag with them in game perhaps, or on their cape (if capes get a make)..Big Grin
But better yet is to allow us to buy up cosmetic parts, so intead of having to race you can for greater price spent ur gps on the lesser parts etc.
[Image: 213.jpg]
OP is back and would love this idea to continue. My thoughts has changed a bit though. Reflecting on this post I would remove Rank boost. Forget that idea. Make everything cosmetic if you can.

I want the high GP guilds to look BUMPIN' so newer players can strive to make their guild look good too, it would give incentive to obtain GP and work together as a guild to make it look really good.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kursed For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, bls1999, gemj, Zelante
(23rd January 2019, 4:24 PM)Kursed Wrote: OP is back and would love this idea to continue. My thoughts has changed a bit though. Reflecting on this post I would remove Rank boost. Forget that idea. Make everything cosmetic if you can.

I want the high GP guilds to look BUMPIN' so newer players can strive to make their guild look good too, it would give incentive to obtain GP and work together as a guild to make it look really good.

I'll make sure to buy all of these.
100,000 GP for one rank token for the guild for as long as the guild shall live
(24th January 2019, 12:21 PM)Atari4600 Wrote: 100,000 GP for one rank token for the guild for as long as the guild shall live

How many guild tokens are you proposing are valid to buy? ?
(24th January 2019, 12:27 PM)__ Wrote: How many guild tokens are you proposing are valid to buy? ?

at least 150, so someone could be rank 0 and have hh all the time.

Could be less (like 75) if you are like Colind
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Atari4600 For This Useful Post:
  • Master Raiden
bump
it would also be cool if gp transferred with you when you switch guilds
[Image: LLwQFov.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Lego-man945 For This Useful Post:
  • Mulley