Feelings
Being as this is a major source of controversy around the world, I think it's fitting to have a good discussion on the topic.

We are often compelled by emotion to act the way we do, to say what we do, to believe what we do. When one puts emotion before fact it becomes like that of putting the cart before the horse. What sounds good isn't always the best way, indeed we should be considerate of him who brings fact, more so than the one speaking out of emotion acting as a voice for the greater good. 

There are these things that some people call "Safe zones" or "Safe spaces", I'm not sure of the politically correct term and I don't care enough to find out. Nevertheless, they exist on many college campuses in America, and other countries as well. The purpose of these "Safe zones" is one I think of great foolishness. If a young adult needs to hide from someone disagreeing with your views, or perhaps saying something you dislike, then while you may be at fault depending on the subject, the other person needs so much more of this .. so that (s)he wakes up from whatever crazy reality it is and realizes the world isn't all about them.

When issues of political substance are based on emotion, is this not a sign of both weakness and perhaps ignorance? 
When young adults, or even teenagers need to be shielded from reality, are we not dooming our society? What better way is there to improve ones self than to experience and overcome something unpleasant? 

Are feelings more important than facts, or should people be considerate enough to tell someone that they are wrong and in for a very harsh awakening?
I believe facts with a pinch of feeling is what's needed.
I mean... you base much of what you do on emotion (usually without knowing the facts) like someone bigger than you hit you and then you hit them back. You did this out of anger without discerning the fact that he is much bigger than you... And then you get pounded, end up in a hospital, and eventually die of cardiac arrest (in case if you didn't get it i was talking about life). Anyways...
All of this safezone stuff is nonsense. If they don't grow up (mentally) at their current age they will be mentally (and socially) unprepared for life.