Search Results
Post Author Forum Replies Views Posted [asc]
    Thread: Replay System

It would be cool if the game was developed with the possibility of supporting a replay system in mind. Assuming the game logic ends up being deterministic, one could get away with just storing the ran...
Delphinoid_ PR4 Suggestions 5 127 7th May 2024, 9:39 PM
    Thread: Omnidirectional aiming for items

This is kind of a crazy idea that wouldn't really work if the game is trying to be really close to PR2 - the ability to aim any items anywhere. Shoot a Laser Gun in any direction, swing the Sword any ...
Northadox PR4 Suggestions 2 51 7th May 2024, 8:13 PM
    Thread: Remove the EXP stat gain system *gasp*

I never really liked how the rank up system essentially made players who played more (or really players who leave their computers on overnight simming) objectively better than other accounts with a lo...
Northadox PR4 Suggestions 1 56 7th May 2024, 7:57 PM
    Thread: Retry button

If a player is doing a single player race, there should be a seamless, easy "retry" button when playing a level that resets the level to the beginning without having to redraw/rebuild it, setting bloc...
Northadox PR4 Suggestions 1 56 7th May 2024, 7:27 PM
    Thread: Physics-Based Movement

I think it would be cool if player physics were more "physical" than in PR2 (either via manual implementation or by building the player controller on top of a 2D rigid body, for instance). Although it...
Delphinoid_ PR4 Suggestions 0 45 7th May 2024, 6:54 PM
    Thread: Trial and Error v2.5!

Trial and Error has officially moved on to version 2.5! Overly tedious or exceptionally boring levels have been removed, as well as those which were repetitive or reoccurring, allowing room for mor...
EpicMidget Platform Racing 2 14 5,238 7th May 2024, 4:59 AM
  Big Grin Thread: Level of the Week! (PR2)

https://i.ibb.co/C6qVY0z/Level-of-the-Week-Winner-Week-127.png (https://imgbb.com/) This Week's Winner is... Pulsewidth by Aphex Twin (Submitted by @"Levente77") Pulsewidth is a fast p...
Dangevin Platform Racing 2 438 142,225 3rd May 2024, 8:56 PM
    Thread: Level of the Week! (PR2)

Entry for week 118: The creator of your submission's PR2 username: Overbeing Your PR2 username: Overbeing What the level name is: Perspective What the level ID is: 6514364 When was the level la...
Overbeing Platform Racing 2 438 142,225 9th February 2024, 5:05 PM
    Thread: PR2 Speedrunning Guide

Fundamentals of Movement Although PR2 is a simple platformer, the way your movement works can be quite complex. In this section, I am going to dive into the details of movement to help you better u...
Master Raiden Platform Racing 2 22 3,622 30th November 2023, 5:45 AM
    Thread: Allow players to start in blocks

I recently found a nice trick for placing blocks on top of other blocks without needing to use Undo and Redo. In your level: 1. Place the block that you want to appear on top. 2. Click and drag t...
Master Raiden PR2 Suggestions 6 3,620 13th March 2023, 5:18 AM
    Thread: Replay System

This has been a highly requested feature in LT Discord especially from @"Magniloquent" and @"bi3liu" and I've always wanted this in PR2, so I spent all of yesterday making a little prototype to get th...
oxy PR2 Suggestions 28 14,991 28th August 2020, 3:56 PM