Jiggmin's Village

Full Version: PR2 v159: Sharing is Caring
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
PR2 v159: Sharing is Caring

This update contains a bunch of new features and some bug fixes.

Changes/Additions
  • You can now press and hold the control (Windows, CTRL) or command (Mac, ⌘) keys to temporarily switch to the delete tool in LE. This feature was previously in public beta. Thanks to @AspectZero for suggesting something like this!
  • The "Last Updated" date for a level on the "?" hover popup is now directly under "Version". Such a small change that no one would've noticed it if I didn't say anything!
  • Guild owners must now transfer their guild before leaving. This will prevent orphaned guilds.
  • There is now a character count for the title/note when saving levels, as well as the send PM message box. Thanks to @Camer the Dragon for suggesting something like this!
  • You can now disable certain songs you don't want to play during races in the options menu. YouTube's Content ID system crumbles at the feet of this one. Thanks to @Camer the Dragon for suggesting this!
  • You can now search for a level by level ID. It's a new option in the "Search by" dropdown on the search tab. Also, the "Course Title" option was renamed to "Level Title" for continuity.
  • Levels now have their own information popup. If you click the "?" next to the rating stars, you'll get a popup with a bunch of level information (including but not limited to the song, items, and chance of cowboy mode). You can also access this by typing "/level level ID" in the chat.
  • Levels can now be shared via the level information popup. No more losing levels; send them to friends (or yourself) with ease by clicking the green button on the left!
  • Levels listed in the part information popups now use the new level information popups. Find part-giving levels with ease!
  • PMs now support a whole bunch of things they didn't before. Here are the new commands:
    Code:
    [user]Username[/user] -> Link to a user
    [guild]Guild Name[/guild] -> Link to a guild
    [level=*]Level Name[/level] -> Link to a level (where * is the ID of the level).
    [url]link[/url] -> Link to an external URL. You can also do [url=link]text[/url] if you want custom display text.

The following aliases for existing commands were added:
    [guildlink=*]text[/guildlink] -> [guild=*]text[/guild] (where * is the ID of the guild)
    [b]bold text[/b] -> [bold]bold text[/bold]
    [large]large text[/large] -> [big]large text[/big]
Fixes
  • The LE now displays the correct background color all the time. Previously, it would erroneously show as black under certain circumstances.
  • Both the level and author listed in how to obtain the slender parts are now correct. Previously, it showed Deliverance by -changelings- instead of -Deliverance- by changelings. Thanks to @Eternal for pointing this out to me!
  • Clicking "Send PM" on a player profile will now select the message box properly. Previously, it would lose focus between closing the player popup and opening the send message one.
  • The /hh chat command no longer screams about an invalid argument if you don't explicitly type either /hh or /hh status. There's no point in that. Thanks for mentioning this in the PR2 chat when you thought I wasn't looking, @Ashley766!
What's Next
  • Fix the pesky speed burst + cowboy hat walking bug. This bug apparently now occurs no matter if you're walking or not. Fun.
  • Fix some of the vault code that's breaking things. I've briefly touched on this, but a lot of the vault code pertaining to guilds could be better constructed and is definitely due for a rewrite at some point.
woooooooo ???
epic nice moment
awesome! Big Grin
We appreciate all the hard work!! Thank ya c:
Can't wait to see it all.
Thank you ☣️BLS1999☣️, very cool!
That was a nice motley monday video to watch, thanks bls! Smile
This feature of referring directly to a level's ID is pretty awesome, I'd love to see some kind of great libraries of levels now that we can easily refer to them. Eg libraries of classic levels, difficult ones, etc. That's a job for the players, starting to collect the forgotten levels of PR2. I see it a bit as archeology to be honest. Big Grin