Problems with PotM
(11th February 2019, 11:53 AM)Appah Wrote: ^Literally this, this is why I expressed disappointment as soon as it was given Bat set as a prize, the contest definitely deserves a prize don't get me wrong, but not something as good as what is now arguably one of the nicest looking sets

Edit: Especially since if you give a contest that is very easy to cheat one of the nicer prizes it only encourages cheating because people have no morals and will basically do anything to get a prize they want, I remember tons of people cheating the OG potw and RotW for thier respective prizes because they were very much desired.

Cheating was my biggest concern when I was reviving the contest. This is why I originally enforced the rule that your JV name had to be visible somewhere in the photo, but A, nobody was following the rule and B, some people had a problem adding it (you would've had to MS paint over yours or revive your old laptop, for example). I was hoping that with reverse image searches, it would stop anyone from pulling images directly from the internet, but the issue of what Addy did back in the day can still easily happen. I was also hoping that with the community as small as it is, there'll be less people trying to cheat in this sort of contest, but like you said people will basically do anything to get a prize they want, especially the newest and best-looking set in the game. I'd love to enforce Lego-man's list of ideas to prevent this, but I would not be able to take any submissions from people who don't follow it since I can't enforce a rule for only a select set of people. 

(11th February 2019, 1:33 PM)__ Wrote: This whole Painter of the Week fiasco could literally be resolved by enforcing that the "Paintings" would have to be completed in the PR2 level editor. You could then add rules such as animations/effects available within the contest to spice it up a little and we can deviate from the already used 'Painter of the Week" and use something like 'PR2 Art Contest' or something else. (Just a suggestion)

Believe me, I completely agree that it'd make things easier if we did this. However, I have a strong feeling that only accepting submissions made in LE would take so much away from the contest. My favorite part of this whole thing is to see real-life submissions because so many people already have spectacular art in their levels. I think it's so cool to see what people can do in terms of real-life art, and I'm sure I'm not the only one on this. 

What if instead of limiting prizes to one set in PR2, the winner got to pick one thing from a selection of prizes. For example, they could choose a PR2 prize (bat set), a cool PR3 prize, a nifty title or name color on JV, or to redeem a set amount of EXP in either game instead. (Also just a suggestion)
[Image: SQvuBgg.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Rank For This Useful Post:
  • gemj

Messages In This Thread
Problems with PotM - by Appah - 11th February 2019, 9:42 AM
RE: Problems with PotM - by Acno - 11th February 2019, 7:01 PM
RE: Problems with PotM - by morning666star - 11th February 2019, 7:16 PM
RE: Problems with PotM - by Appah - 11th February 2019, 7:30 PM
RE: Problems with PotM - by morning666star - 11th February 2019, 8:08 PM
RE: Problems with PotM - by Lego-man945 - 11th February 2019, 10:52 PM
RE: Problems with PotM - by Crystalina - 12th February 2019, 5:16 PM
RE: Problems with PotM - by Appah - 12th February 2019, 5:34 PM
RE: Problems with PotM - by Rank - 12th February 2019, 8:15 PM
RE: Problems with PotM - by bls1999 - 13th February 2019, 3:20 AM
RE: Problems with PotM - by Rank - 13th February 2019, 7:46 PM
RE: EXP bonus instead of part contest prizes - by Addy - 11th February 2019, 10:49 AM
RE: EXP bonus instead of part contest prizes - by Appah - 11th February 2019, 11:53 AM
RE: EXP bonus instead of part contest prizes - by __ - 11th February 2019, 1:33 PM
RE: EXP bonus instead of part contest prizes - by gemj - 13th February 2019, 7:32 PM
RE: EXP bonus instead of part contest prizes - by bls1999 - 11th February 2019, 3:06 PM
RE: EXP bonus instead of part contest prizes - by Rank - 11th February 2019, 3:44 PM
RE: EXP bonus instead of part contest prizes - by Appah - 11th February 2019, 3:47 PM