The /info command
(14th August 2018, 7:15 PM)Zelante Wrote: This bit here, I feel like this will be a really great addition for PR2 and PR4, actually.

It could revive the competitive spirit among the community, once again. I supposed it would work better as a leaderboard system though, since you will then be able to look at... let's say, for example, the Top 500, or Top 100 fastest times?

Perhaps, if you add a friend, then you'll be able to see their time on a separate section of the leaderboard, called "Friends".

Now, I'm not sure if this will be possible for PR2, but it will definitely be a great idea for PR4 Big Grin

It's possible, although it would not be easy to set up for PR2. It would require adding a new column into the levels table. That much is easy. The issue is not taxing the database too much. With each /info request, we'd be calling information from the database. If we could find a way to call the information from the level file, it could be pretty simple. I'll do some investigating.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Zelante

Messages In This Thread
The /info command - by Levente77 - 10th August 2018, 5:32 PM
RE: The /info command - by Lego-man945 - 11th August 2018, 1:57 AM
RE: The /info command - by bls1999 - 11th August 2018, 4:39 AM
RE: The /info command - by Zelante - 14th August 2018, 7:15 PM
RE: The /info command - by Levente77 - 15th August 2018, 6:03 AM
RE: The /info command - by Zelante - 15th August 2018, 7:40 PM
RE: The /info command - by bls1999 - 15th August 2018, 8:30 PM