Poll: Your Best friend’s got you in a rear naked chokehold, preparing to STAB you to death! What are you going to do?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Attempt to get out of the choke hold! - His grip is pretty damn strong!
0%
0 0%
Elbow him in the stomach and run after the gun, 5 feet away from you! - He can take punishment!
0%
0 0%
Scream for help because there’s nothing you can do! - He’ll just laugh!
0%
0 0%
Pray he doesn’t kill you! - He’ll still laugh it off!
0%
0 0%
Attempt to get out of the choke hold and fight him! - Are you sure?
0%
0 0%
Tickle him until he releases you! - Good luck!
50.00%
2 50.00%
Apologize and tell him it’s your fault! - I’m not sure if he’ll listen to you.
0%
0 0%
Let him end your life because you have nothing else to live for! - Wow, you didn’t even attempt to put up a fight!
25.00%
1 25.00%
Spray him with the pepper spray that’s in your right pocket! - Be careful about this!
25.00%
1 25.00%
Kick him in the groin and run, calling for help! - You better hope he doesn’t get up!
0%
0 0%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

THE SOCIOPATH!
(23rd April 2022, 12:50 AM)Delphinoid Wrote: To be fair the only reasons I have for checking this website are Northadox's PR clone thread and your threads rofl, so I think that must count for something. These threads are genuinely funny imo (and that's meant as a complement).

I guess I will say, though, that in their current form they're a little hard to reply in the intended way to. This is also partially why I referred to the last couple as being sadistic; i.e., you put the reader in a situation where they're totally helpless and just have to accept (usually awful) stuff happening to them, which isn't really engaging in the way that it looks like they're supposed to be. This thread almost has the same kind of "issue", where it concludes with your imminent death, but I guess it's subverted slightly based on the options in the poll. That being said, these threads are still fun to read, although mostly because of the sheer ridiculousness of the situations and the exaggerated writing style (large font, highlighting words, random stock photos, bizarrely specific details on irrelevant stuff like height / weight, etc.).

This is a bit of a random remark but something that I think would be cool to see in general (although I don't know if I'd be able to take part in it myself, rip) is one of those "choose your own adventure" threads that used to pop up occasionally on the original JV. The OP sets up some kind of open-ended scenario and acts as a sort of dungeon master for the people who reply. Actually since JV2 has such a small userbase, that kind of thing might be pretty manageable.

I appreciate that, bro! Means a lot! I try to keep JV alive and active the best I can because when I first got here 2 years ago, it was dead like it is now. The thing is, I make the threads sadistic because it grabs people's attention and it adds more suspense to the story. If I were to put the reader in a pleasant situation, then it would be very boring.

The exaggerated writing style is to immediately capture the reader's attention, perhaps sending goosebumps down their spine lol.

Tell me more about this "choose your own adventure" thread. I'm kind of curious 🤔

Messages In This Thread
THE SOCIOPATH! - by Different - 21st April 2022, 5:45 PM
RE: THE SOCIOPATH! - by Matt - 21st April 2022, 7:33 PM
RE: THE SOCIOPATH! - by Different - 21st April 2022, 10:39 PM
RE: THE SOCIOPATH! - by Matt - 22nd April 2022, 4:41 AM
RE: THE SOCIOPATH! - by David - 21st April 2022, 9:55 PM
RE: THE SOCIOPATH! - by Mia - 22nd April 2022, 11:17 AM
RE: THE SOCIOPATH! - by Different - 22nd April 2022, 11:29 AM
RE: THE SOCIOPATH! - by Matt - 23rd April 2022, 6:31 PM
RE: THE SOCIOPATH! - by *Izi-Blissers* - 26th April 2022, 8:41 AM
RE: THE SOCIOPATH! - by Matt - 30th April 2022, 5:54 AM