High Ranks = No Skilled Apparently..
I mean even with macroing I would say that rank correlates with skill (i.e. higher rank means likely to be higher skill). A lot of people macro with their own accounts that they got decently high before doing that, some before artifact gave out loads of exp. It's obviously not a "higher rank = higher skill" in every case but I feel "higher rank = less skill" is wrong in more cases than the former

I think the 2 biggest arguments you could really make are
- "You used someone else's accounts to macro" which makes judgement of skill unknown rather than bad
- "If I 1v1'd you right now I'd win and I'm lower rank" which depends on type of level but also rustiness which can be de-rusted rather quickly in most cases

The line about "You don't have to have any skill to reach rank 80" is true but in the most technical theoretical way, you could macro as your 1st thing, making 4 rank 0 accounts but this is a very unlikely scenario and the person would be known as specifically the person who did this. "Ranks have 0 meaning" isn't true either. In the gameplay sense I mean you get 1 stat point, and in the community sense most people who are high rank currently that I know are pretty good at the game

This pretty much boils down to theory vs statistics, where theory says there is no need to be a correlation but observed statistics says otherwise
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • Magniloquent

Messages In This Thread
High Ranks = No Skilled Apparently.. - by Colind - 21st May 2022, 1:44 PM
RE: High Ranks = No Skilled Apparently.. - by Matt - 21st May 2022, 5:57 PM
RE: High Ranks = No Skilled Apparently.. - by Camer the Dragon - 21st May 2022, 7:31 PM
RE: High Ranks = No Skilled Apparently.. - by bazooka - 17th August 2022, 12:54 AM