Poll: Do you believe that we are currently living in a virtual world?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
22.22%
2 22.22%
No
77.78%
7 77.78%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

4th Dimension - Above Average Knowledge
Actually, visual representations of higher dimensional spaces are really important. I don't know anything about this astral projection things, but in signal processing, you've got principal component analysis that takes higher dimensional data and projects the data to a lower dimensional space. If you've reduced down to 3 dimensions, you can pan around it in MATLAB.

Machine learning methods really look into this a lot! If you've got a multidimensional tensor, there was non-linear principal component analysis using neural networks (autoencoders), but nowadays I hear UMAP and tSNE are the main visual representations of higher dimensional data. There's a lot of cool stuff with this all. Variational autoencoders are probably my favorite method for smearing between dimensions and understanding what the hyperplanes in your neural network are handling. I don't think VAEs are very... well, good, but it is really fun to look at your data with them.

I know this was kinda jokey, but I do love this stuff.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kribbles For This Useful Post:
  • Delphinoid, Different

Messages In This Thread
4th Dimension - Above Average Knowledge - by Different - 13th June 2022, 1:56 PM
RE: 4th Dimension - Above Average Knowledge - by Mia - 13th June 2022, 2:13 PM
RE: 4th Dimension - Above Average Knowledge - by Kribbles - 13th June 2022, 6:42 PM
RE: 4th Dimension - Above Average Knowledge - by Matt - 18th June 2022, 10:31 PM
RE: 4th Dimension - Above Average Knowledge - by Matt - 23rd June 2022, 3:16 AM