Poll: Do you believe that we are currently living in a virtual world?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
22.22%
2 22.22%
No
77.78%
7 77.78%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

4th Dimension - Above Average Knowledge
(18th June 2022, 2:00 AM)Delphinoid Wrote: That's not quite what I said. We can easily generalize the concept of 3D space to higher dimensions, but this is purely a mathematical process, not a physical one. Being able to construct something nice in our imagination doesn't mean it's an actual, measurable component of our physical reality. There's no evidence to suggest that there's a 4th spatial dimension in real life; there could be, but announcing a belief as an indisputable fact without any justification just isn't right.

You really don't get it, do you? You can't explain everything with mathematics and scientific proof. There's no evidence because it's not visible to the naked eye. This is the problem with your statement... you keep conjuring information from sources that'll brainwash you into believing what they want you to believe. The fact that you don't believe in a 4th spatial dimension is ridiculous. I don't know what you're going to do, after death. Everything you see will look totally different, I'm telling you.

The human mind is confined to the parameters of the 3D world, which means you cannot fathom a higher dimension outside of this, until you leave your flesh.

(18th June 2022, 2:00 AM)Delphinoid Wrote: By what theory is it "theoretically impossible"? If you have some object in 3D space, it would certainly exist in 4D space too, and vice versa. But you don't even need a 4D object. Just set up a camera, and record a 3D object rotating in some hyperplane unique to 4D space.

I guess the problem is that if it's an out-of-body experience, there's no way to interact with or influence what you're observing. In other words, it's a purely mental experience. In other words, there's no demonstrable tie to reality.

LMFAO! NO! 3D dimensional objects can't exist in the 4th dimension because they are materialistic items for human beings, only. I keep telling you that you have to experience it for yourself. Listen to me, man! It's mentally impossible to formulate a hypothesis and a conclusion, unless you experience it for yourself. Stop listening to these neuroscientists or whoever it is, tell you this stuff. They're book smart, but certainly lack the wisdom. I suppose you also don't believe that your body has a spirit, which is the real you.

(18th June 2022, 2:00 AM)Delphinoid Wrote: I meant confusing for you, because you seem to not understand the difference. Reality is not the point where you're "fully aware"; trying to quantify awareness not only quite difficult, but kind of pointless. Reality is comprised of exactly what we can verify, and nothing more.

For example: if I hold a ball up and drop it, it'll fall to the floor. Others can watch me do this and verify that what I'm saying is accurate. I can also explain exactly what I did to others, and they can create the same setup and reproduce my results. This is reality. If they're unable to replicate it, this indicates that there are more subtleties involved (such as the conditions under which the ball is dropped), or that the theory is incorrect. What isn't reality is coming up with ideas about "why" the ball drops to the floor: we don't know why. We can only only model what happens and try to draw other logical conclusions from a combination of this verifiable event and any kind of assumptions we have.

The only person who's confused here is you. Also, how are you going to tell me whether I was aware of the situation or not?? Did you have the same experience as I did? Delphinoid, there's a lot of holes in your statements here because you keep trying to make points, based on something that needs to be justified and capable of being visual, with scientiific evidence.

You cannot see the 4th dimension until you either astral project, or die. But, you don't want to acknowledge that fact because it seems too far-fetched for you to understand. The problem is, when people try to articulate all these theories and suggestions about what they think something is, or try and determine whether something is real or not... sometimes they don't have any experience doing it themselves, which is what you're lacking, here.

(18th June 2022, 2:00 AM)Delphinoid Wrote: We might assume, for instance, that other objects are subject to the same "rules" as our ball; from there, we predict that they would fall too. This isn't necessarily reality either, this is a prediction (theory) based on an assumption (hypothesis). We can only be sure that our prediction agrees with reality once we experimentally verify it. But all we can draw from that is that this new object will fall when dropped: it doesn't mean our theories are accurate descriptions of reality.

This is actually an important thing to be aware of. Think of classical physics. The way it models reality on the macroscopic level is pretty accurate, but the theory behind it is demonstrably incorrect.

Listen, I respect the fact that you're a really smart college student, trying to explain to me the dimensions of an object, and trying to draw a conclusion based on physics. However, you just haven't inherited the wisdom, when it comes to the 4th dimension. They don't always teach you this stuff in college because they don't think it serves any significance. Also, a lot of these articles that are peer-reviewed, can also give you a false narrative; so be careful about that.

(18th June 2022, 2:00 AM)Delphinoid Wrote: I agree, things can be real without you having experienced it. That being said, there are so many things wrong with what you're saying here.

The burden of proof rests on he who says, not he who denies. It's up to you to prove that what you're describing is part of reality. I have no doubt that you experienced something, but to claim that you were experiencing reality without being able to verify any aspect of it is... kind of ridiculous. I could also never share the same out-of-body experience that you had, so asking me to do that in order to debate it with you is totally ridiculous. I would count my fever dream as a kind of out-of-body experience, but according to you it's not a "true" out-of-body experience, because it doesn't agree with your arbitrary agenda.

Here, let me demonstrate. I actually had another out-of-body experience where I psychically talked to a leprechaun. Don't agree with me that psychic leprechauns exist? Looks like you don't have an argument, because you've never talked to one like I have. Go talk to a leprechaun before continuing to discuss this with me.

Do you see how this way of thinking is not only circular, but allows people to claim that anything they want is factual? This is why the scientific method exists. It's not perfect, but it's the best we have.

1. Oh ok, so if that's the case, then what you need to do is do some legitimate research on what I'm telling you. It's not just me who's had these experiences; other people have had them to (who weren't on drugs). I'm telling you things, based off of wisdom and experience; You can't get that from the average person.

2. I already told you, the 4th dimension is invisible to a 3D dimensional creature. It'd be impossible for me to prove it to you because it's not something that you can demonstrate to somebody. You must experience this phenomenon for yourself, to fully understand what lies above you. Well, if you won't astral project, you could at least do some research on it... Otherwise you're still clueless.

3. Not only does it not agree, it doesn't even compare to mine on any level. Also, even if that did occur, the point you're trying to reference with mine, is simply a demonic experience with the supernatural. Also, yes, we can agree that scientific methods exists to solve problems that are visual and capable of being demonstrated. But this isn't something that can be explained by science.

The reason I told you to go do your research on what I explained to you earlier, is because there are somethings that cannot be explained by scientific methods or even demonstrated by physics. Everything they taught you in school is just enough for you to understand the elements of this dimension and below. Anything beyond that, requires you to dig deep and investigate the unknown.

(18th June 2022, 2:00 AM)Delphinoid Wrote: Of course, you can believe anything you want. But you need to understand the difference between what you know and what you think. What you have right now is essentially a hypothesis; you have an assumption that we live in a world with 4 spatial dimensions (why not more?), with no justification for it. If you want to have a theory, you need to make your hypothesis testable. If you want to make a definite comment on reality, you need to actually test it, and share enough details of your experiment with the world so that others can repeat it and verify it for themselves.

I'll leave you with one final thought. Why is it crucial that we believe things that we can't justify at all, and that have no verifiable effect on us?

Are you kidding me? You really, truly believe that the 3D dimension is the highest dimension, currently in existence?? LOL you sound very clueless, here. This is how I know you didn't do your research on astral projecting because you keep trying to explain to me that I need to make my hypothesis testable, when clearly, I just gave you a way of testing that hypothesis.

Let me ask you a simple question, so I'll know exactly where you stand and what solutions I can come up with... Do you believe that every human being has a spirit inside of them? Think about this now, because whatever you answer here, will determine exactly where you stand.

The problem is that the mind of a human being is limited to the 5 senses, based on what they can interact with. When I say that, I mean you only know what you see, based on deductive reasoning. So as long as you can demonstrate your findings, it must be possible and real. However, if that were always the case, then how to do you explain supernatural phenomenon?? Don't tell me that scientific laws or some crap like that, says that it's impossible because it's never been proven before. I'm ahead of this stuff, already. I've been studying it for the last 6 years.

The bottomline is that you cannot explain supernatural events or the 4th dimension with science. God didn't set things up like that. It's very difficult for the human mind to understand this, unless they experience it for themselves.

(18th June 2022, 2:00 AM)Delphinoid Wrote: A fever dream is a type of especially vivid, bizarre or abstract dream that's brought on by an elevated body temperature (e.g. when you have a fever). In the past when I've gone to bed thinking about maths problems while sick, I've had some really weird fever dreams that sound kind of like what you describe.

This might sound a little bit different from my experience. The only difference is that I wasn't dreaming, unfortunately.

Messages In This Thread
4th Dimension - Above Average Knowledge - by Different - 13th June 2022, 1:56 PM
RE: 4th Dimension - Above Average Knowledge - by Mia - 13th June 2022, 2:13 PM
RE: 4th Dimension - Above Average Knowledge - by Matt - 18th June 2022, 10:31 PM
RE: 4th Dimension - Above Average Knowledge - by Matt - 23rd June 2022, 3:16 AM