Painter of the Month
Welcome to Painter of the Month!

Painter of the Month is a contest that will begin on the 1st of every month.
Submissions will be taken until the 20th.
From the 21st to the 28th, judges will pick a winner.
The winner will be announced on the last day of the month or whenever all judges have voted.
The winner will be awarded with the Epic Bat Set!

[Image: batset.png]

How to Submit Your Painting

Only paintings made in PR2 Level Editor are going to be accepted. This includes drawings, map art, animations, etc.
To enter your painting, put your PR2 username and the name of the level you'd like to submit in a post. Screenshots are optional, but may help us know what to look at in bigger levels!

Example post

[Image: HsJpBRQ.png]

For all submissions, please be sure to follow the theme.
If your submission is "Thanked" by the host, your painting is entered in the contest.
Do not PM me your submissions on PR2, Discord, etc. All submissions must be posted on this thread to be accepted.

Current Theme

The theme for September 2019 is Artist's Choice (Draw Anything)!

Judges

@Rank (Host)

Autodot (or similar programs) are not to be used for any submissions. This will be considered cheating.
Any submissions that could be considered inappropriate will not be accepted. Keep it PG.
Anyone who submits a level that doesn't follow the rules above may have their post / level deleted and will be disqualified from the contest for that month.
Serious infractions may be grounds for a ban on PR2 per discretion of the in-game moderators.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Rank For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Emeiry, gemj, Janelle, Lego-man945, Shane1334, Skallos, Zelante
i'm loving this!
[Image: Emeiry.png]
https://imgur.com/gallery/Xkt4DRk

i'm not quite sure how to upload the image, either way, you can follow my instagram to see all my drawings too! @g0dari

(any sort of feedback is welcome by the way!!)
[Image: Emeiry.png]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emeiry For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Rank
I remember when I used to run POTW and host it for months in 2015, was awesome. Glad to see that it's still operating well!
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Crystalina For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
(31st January 2019, 1:40 AM)Crystalina Wrote: I remember when I used to run POTW and host it for months in 2015, was awesome. Glad to see that it's still operating well!

What do you mean, ‘still operating well’ it has just been posted as the contest hasn’t even started as
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Addy For This Useful Post:
  • Crystalina, Emeiry
(31st January 2019, 2:57 AM)Addy Wrote: What do you mean, ‘still operating well’ it has just been posted as the contest hasn’t even started as

Oops didn't mean to add the 'well' at the end. Good catch!
Slight update:

Painter of the Month now awards the new Epic Bat Set!
[Image: SQvuBgg.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Rank For This Useful Post:
  • Emeiry
- My submission at the link below -

https://imgur.com/upNQNHF

Don't ask me what it is supposed to imagine, because I do not know for myself. Tongue When I painted the picture it was both me and my friends imagination that created the painting, and I am happy with how my painting ended up! Smile

PR2 name: Marcus.
Music and Games are my life.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orthrus For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Emeiry, Rank
This is a profile picture I drew for a Steam friend, He's a big fan of the poop emoji and wanted something fitting.

My JV name isn't visible but honestly the only way I could add it is to either MS paint it over or try revive my dead laptop to actually edit the original.

https://imgur.com/a/IP0lhCn

Attached Files Image(s)

Arrow
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Appah For This Useful Post:
(6th February 2019, 5:39 PM)Appah Wrote: This is a profile picture I drew for a Steam friend, He's a big fan of the poop emoji and wanted something fitting.

My JV name isn't visible but honestly the only way I could add it is to either MS paint it over or try revive my dead laptop to actually edit the original.

https://imgur.com/a/IP0lhCn

I think you just can write your PR2 name in the text, don't think they meant having it on the picture like a watermark, may be wrong about this doe.
Music and Games are my life.
This is my most recent painting. Smile
Great idea for a contest. Maybe it'll make me do more art. (motivation is not my strength...)[Image: P70grNF.jpg]
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Overbeing For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Emeiry, Magyar, Northadox, Rank, xGuest
Its a masterpiece
[Image: unknown.png?width=1154&height=610]
i failed the mario twitter challenge
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThePizzaEater1000 For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Camer the Dragon, gemj, Rank
(6th February 2019, 5:57 PM)Orthrus Wrote: I think you just can write your PR2 name in the text, don't think they meant having it on the picture like a watermark, may be wrong about this doe.

Yeah don't worry about that. I originally said that so that we knew it was your work that you were uploading, but I got rid of that rule in the thread. Backwards searching each image should be fine to prevent plagiarism. I don't think it'll be a HUGE issue here anyways.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Rank For This Useful Post:
  • Orthrus
I wanna post this pencil made picture from some years back.

My friend Mikkel made the most, but i was able to join with some things so i hope it counts =D

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments...height=515
Folding @ Home
[Image: sigimage.php?un=MoonFiredk&t=143016]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MoonFiredk For This Useful Post:
The remnants of my dinner from a few months ago. :p
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Eternal For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Emeiry, gemj, Rank
Welp, looks like i'll never get the bat set.
- Bluelightning

[Image: Signiture.png]
I would like to enter with the following one
(hehe, there are actually two images, one which I had drawn 5 years ago, and one that I have drawn 1 year ago or so)

Title: Tears

Older one:
Newer one:
a casual human being.
I come online here every 4-5 months or so. But hey. JV is still alive!
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Magyar For This Useful Post:
  • Rank
(10th February 2019, 5:19 PM)Bluelightning Wrote: Welp, looks like i'll never get the bat set.

[Image: fcuyaHm.png]
I have made a boatload of remixed Terraria sprite artwork. An example is shown below. (Note, this is not my submission)

[Image: y5QDy2w.png]
I am not sure about if derivative work is allowed, if it is, then I'll submit another for the next PotM.

Anyways, here is the link to my actual submission. -->link is here<--

For those unaware of what Your World of Text is, it is a website that let you create ASCII art in it's fullest glory.
To view more, drag on the screen.
Some characters will be blue and underscored like this a. These are links that will take you to more of the world. All links are within the near vicinity of the center of the world.
Some characters will be green. These will move you to a different location, though I only use this feature to get green text.

Also, the website is not mobile friendly. Please use a pc.
If need be, I can make a video to demonstrate the full aspect of the world for those unable to view it properly.

You may also come across my school project for 7th grade "Z for Zachariah". There are links to text descriptions within the project itself. Within this world, I put a stamp to show I made this right next to the stamp that showed that I made this if it wasn't obvious from the url that I made this.
[Image: QPJIwxZ.png]

Click and drag to view, and don't forget to explore everything!
Enjoy!

-->link to website<--

EDIT: I added a Google Docs showing all places of interest.
-->link to docs<--

EDIT:2
YourWorldOfText will be down this Thursday February 21st. When grading my artwork, do so on the 23rd or later just in case.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Skallos For This Useful Post:
  • Emeiry, gemj, Rank
:O
-AspectZero