Deletion of Inactive Accounts v2
Making a new thread since the original thread (https://jiggmin2.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=577) is closed

There has been a general consensus that the account deletion script was a bad idea, and since what happened has already happened...
I want to suggest removing or changing the account deletion script to minimize future damage. From my understanding its still active, so yea
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bi3liu For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
Refresh my memory-- what has happened?

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • bi3liu
(12th November 2019, 6:50 PM)bls1999 Wrote: Refresh my memory-- what has happened?

I haven't been around when it happened, but from what I gathered..
this pull request of deleting accounts that did not meet rank 15 or had 100 plays was accepted, and it did free up inactive accounts, which were subsequently taken for one's vanity. However, it also deleted alts and niche searches. 

Only bringing this up now because recently the account tibere was taken by someone else, so probably beware about the potential impersonation (unless it was just for a joke, but og owner would still want it back).
If I remember correctly the original criteria was under rank 15, 2 years inactive, and less than 100 level plays. What happened was the 100 level play criteria code malfunctioned so it deleted all accounts under rank 15 and 2 years inactive. Accounts like simhelp were deleted as a result.

I think the account deletion script is fine, as long as EVERYTHING is working. It frees up OG account names that people make and forget about and so on.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Eternal For This Useful Post:
  • bi3liu
The original criteria were inactive for more than 3 years, less than rank 10, and less than 50 level plays. Over time, that became inactive for more than 3 years, less than rank 15, and less than 100 level plays.
(Hot take: @Vipa took the liberty of opening that pull request to scrape as many account names as he possibly could.)

Thanks for refreshing my memory. As I recall, there was a mishap that deleted accounts with 3+ years of inactivity and less than rank 15, but with any number of level plays. This was my error and I wish I could revert it, but alas. Otherwise, I don't see anything wrong with the script. As @Eternal said, if it is working properly, there shouldn't be an issue. I don't intend to touch it again, so everything should be working properly.

Is there a specific reason you suggested this? I'm open to reconsidering my stance of keeping it as it is.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • bi3liu, gemj
He said he was bringing it up because someone recently remade the account Tibere which has 4th token and the original owner wants the account back.
[Image: sigimage.php?u=714605&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC][Image: sigimage.php?u=735689&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Stxtics For This Useful Post:
  • bi3liu
(13th November 2019, 6:53 AM)Stxtics Wrote: He said he was bringing it up because someone recently remade the account Tibere which has 4th token and the original owner wants the account back.

Id suggest them making an Ask a Mod thread, and we can go from there.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Eternal For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
(13th November 2019, 7:34 AM)Eternal Wrote: Id suggest them making an Ask a Mod thread, and we can go from there.

your lack of apostrophe use triggers me
(13th November 2019, 8:53 AM)gemj Wrote: your lack of apostrophe use triggers me

Your lack of capitalization and a period triggers me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eternal For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, gemj
(13th November 2019, 6:53 AM)Stxtics Wrote: He said he was bringing it up because someone recently remade the account Tibere which has 4th token and the original owner wants the account back.

(13th November 2019, 7:34 AM)Eternal Wrote: Id suggest them making an Ask a Mod thread, and we can go from there.

This ^

(13th November 2019, 8:57 AM)Eternal Wrote: Your lack of capitalization and a period triggers me.

This thread still being open triggers me

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Camer the Dragon, gemj