Exciting news!
Jesus christ what a sexy beast
It would be awesome if jiggmin could join bls on motley monday!
[Image: boomboomforalltid.gif?width=400&height=119]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xGuest For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon, LuniFoxo
(8th May 2020, 4:32 AM)xGuest Wrote: It would be awesome if jiggmin could join bls on motley monday!

Yes this would be amazing
v160 MM Bls and Jiggmin
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • xGuest
did you tell him his favourite player Hyperacticpro is still active?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hyperacticpro For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon, Campaigns | Ilraon, gemj, TRUC
Jiggggminnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
(8th May 2020, 12:10 AM)Speedblur Wrote: Well, this is actually disappointing. What exactly is Jiggmin working on at this point? I can't believe you got a one in a million chance to talk to him this way and didn't record it, take notes, or anything. I don't mean to be a debbie downer, but to me this just looks like you made a fleeting interaction with him that included no official announcements or overall payoff. It's not even clear from this if Jiggmin is working on PRF at all. What the heck is Bubble Racing?

I don't think you're being fair; but I suppose it's just you're still bitter of your expectations for PRF being disappointed.

I was disappointed too, but now the way I see it, neither Jiggmin nor bls have the obligation to give us updates. Whenever they do, we can feel grateful, but when they don't, well, we're not paying them, are we? - even if you're supporting them by donating, well, it's just a donation, from which you're not supposed to expect anything in return. You may argue when they announce something, they should keep their word. But in general they're doing so under the pressure of tons of people asking; and, anyway, they are free to drop it all and go and live their lives, which I suppose is what Jiggmin did.

As far as we're concerned, bls and Jiggmin might have a friendly chat about cats and not tell us a word about it. Jiggmin may develop an Idle Clicker game if that's what he's into, or Bubble Racing, or nothing at all.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Campaigns | Ilraon For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Camer the Dragon, JEEJAYEM, Magniloquent
Bubble racing makes me feel like exploring an underwater cathedral Big Grin
Jiggmin can work on whatever the heck he wants, but whatever this was, it's still disappointing. In true Jiggmin fashion, it's been over half a decade since he's spoken sincerely about what he's working on. I'm skeptical. That's just my opinion.
Those who wield swords but choose to sheath them will inherit the earth (closer interpretation).
40 users thanked this post already? Wow, I guess the community never died
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ProClifo For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, bls1999, Camer the Dragon, gemj, xGuest
when I say I grinned... God, you both look so happy :') <3
Look I don't mean to be a pessimist, but how do we know things aren't gonna be more of the same? We've basically heard nothing about PRF for years and now he's dropping this out of the blue without saying much about it. Just seems like the same old Jiggmin not interacting with his community

I am happy to see him again, though. Hope life treats him well Smile
[Image: gWu2Jq2.png]
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ProClifo For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, gemj, xGuest, Zinx10
This is excellent! he cut his hair again, looks cool xD he still looks the same, a cool guy who makes cool little games :]

I'm glad he seems to be fine, I didn't realize his Motley Monday videos were 7 years ago.

I guess it has really been a while since anybody has seen Jiggy. Eek
I'd just like to bring up the fact that we've seen Jiggmin quite a few times during his "hiatus". This picture is a particular gem, from the Freegoose era...

[Image: 4yfvR5K.jpg]
[Image: aGf8Xvh.png]
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Northadox For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, bls1999, Camer the Dragon, dotime, IHaveDaCowboyz
(9th May 2020, 7:22 PM)Northadox Wrote: I'd just like to bring up the fact that we've seen Jiggmin quite a few times during his "hiatus". This picture is a particular gem, from the Freegoose era...

[Image: 4yfvR5K.jpg]
oh snap! well, I guess it's only been me who hasn't seen him in a long while xD
I remembered something: he said that as long as people keep playing it, he'll keep PR2 running.

(8th May 2020, 2:39 AM)platform guy Wrote: It would be really cool if he could do a segment or cameo in your v160 motley Monday update video if you are planning one

(8th May 2020, 4:32 AM)xGuest Wrote: It would be awesome if jiggmin could join bls on motley monday!

(8th May 2020, 5:16 AM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: Yes this would be amazing
v160 MM Bls and Jiggmin

I'd love to have him do a cameo. After all, it's his show!
@"platform guy" there will be a Motley Monday video for v160. It's too big of an update not to have a MM. Wink

(8th May 2020, 3:12 AM)JEEJAYEM Wrote: Jesus christ what a sexy beast

Thank you!

(8th May 2020, 6:09 AM)Hyperacticpro Wrote: did you tell him his favourite player Hyperacticpro is still active?

It was the first thing I mentioned. <3

(8th May 2020, 12:10 AM)Speedblur Wrote: Well, this is actually disappointing. What exactly is Jiggmin working on at this point? I can't believe you got a one in a million chance to talk to him this way and didn't record it, take notes, or anything. I don't mean to be a debbie downer, but to me this just looks like you made a fleeting interaction with him that included no official announcements or overall payoff. It's not even clear from this if Jiggmin is working on PRF at all. What the heck is Bubble Racing?

(8th May 2020, 3:34 PM)Speedblur Wrote: Jiggmin can work on whatever the heck he wants, but whatever this was, it's still disappointing. In true Jiggmin fashion, it's been over half a decade since he's spoken sincerely about what he's working on. I'm skeptical. That's just my opinion.

Thanks for sharing your opinion. I respectfully disagree; I believe this call was extremely productive in discussions regarding both v160 and his future plans for Bubble Racing and Platform Racing Forever. To me, this is a great update about his ambitions and priorities moving forward.

I took notes on what was relevant to the meeting. Here's everything that isn't related to v160:

[Image: Qsw8PCl.jpg]

Otherwise, he gave me some great advice about my future. We also spoke at length about life and how we're both doing (which ultimately is more important than any game update announcements, as we're both people outside of our online personas too). I will not share the intimate details of these discussions in an effort to protect both his and my privacy.

(9th May 2020, 3:13 PM)ProClifo Wrote: Look I don't mean to be a pessimist, but how do we know things aren't gonna be more of the same? We've basically heard nothing about PRF for years and now he's dropping this out of the blue without saying much about it. Just seems like the same old Jiggmin not interacting with his community

I am happy to see him again, though. Hope life treats him well Smile

Pure speculation on my part, but I think it'll be different this time. I think the attention just got overwhelming after a while and he felt pressure to perform to what people wanted him to do, which made him lose his motivation when he couldn't fulfill the ever-mounting expectations. He's returned to game-making on his own time of his own volition. He's also distanced himself from the people asking him "when is _____ gonna happen??" and hasn't set a deadline for himself, which makes me think it'll be easier for him to get motivated.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • AlphaZ, Ashley766, Camer the Dragon, Eternal, gemj, Hyperacticpro, Janelle, JEEJAYEM, John m., Northadox, tadtad, xGuest, Zelante
(9th May 2020, 8:37 PM)bls1999 Wrote: Pure speculation on my part, but I think it'll be different this time. I think the attention just got overwhelming after a while and he felt pressure to perform to what people wanted him to do, which made him lose his motivation when he couldn't fulfill the ever-mounting expectations. He's returned to game-making on his own time of his own volition. He's also distanced himself from the people asking him "when is _____ gonna happen??" and hasn't set a deadline for himself, which makes me think it'll be easier for him to get motivated.

This, 100%. I couldn't be happier for him.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eternal For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon, gemj, xGuest
(9th May 2020, 8:37 PM)bls1999 Wrote: Pure speculation on my part, but I think it'll be different this time. I think the attention just got overwhelming after a while and he felt pressure to perform to what people wanted him to do, which made him lose his motivation when he couldn't fulfill the ever-mounting expectations. He's returned to game-making on his own time of his own volition. He's also distanced himself from the people asking him "when is _____ gonna happen??" and hasn't set a deadline for himself, which makes me think it'll be easier for him to get motivated.

Yeah it wouldn't surprise me if he just got super burnt out before and with people asking him loads he just wanted to get away from it
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • Eternal
Jiggmin has vanished for years at a time. Some say he has too many expectations put on him. Some say he lost motivation. Despite the news given at the top of this thread, I want to suggest that that isn't actually Jiggmin talking to us. It's just something he said in a conversation with an administrator who then relayed the information to us. Jiggmin hasn't spoken directly to his fan base in half a decade. I support Jiggmin as much as anyone here, but his actions don't earn my support.
Those who wield swords but choose to sheath them will inherit the earth (closer interpretation).
(12th May 2020, 5:29 PM)Speedblur Wrote: Jiggmin has vanished for years at a time. Some say he has too many expectations put on him. Some say he lost motivation. Despite the news given at the top of this thread, I want to suggest that that isn't actually Jiggmin talking to us. It's just something he said in a conversation with an administrator who then relayed the information to us. Jiggmin hasn't spoken directly to his fan base in half a decade. I support Jiggmin as much as anyone here, but his actions don't earn my support.

Sure, he was speaking directly to me. I was the only other person on the call; however, I asked if it would be okay to relay to the community everything I listed in this thread. So, he clearly knew what information would be released. In a way, I believe this is a form of communication since he could've very easily requested that I not share any details of our conversation.

Do I support leaving the community with no leader and then taking down the only website it has? Absolutely not. Do I have ideas as to why it happened? Yeah (listed previously). Do I support him? Unequivocally.

When it comes down to it, he doesn't owe us anything. It's incredible that PR2/JV still has an active community after 12+ years. He started JV and made these games as a way to support himself. He never asked for the multitudes of attention he got as a result of his games' popularity. Life is (and IMO should) be his #1 priority. Like I said in the call, if he ever feels like dropping in and saying hey, that would be welcomed with open arms, but given that his life is more than this community now, it should take a backseat to his more pressing responsibilities without him needing to feel that it's a betrayal of some sort.

So yeah, I'm hopeful. I'm not holding my breath for a final release of Bubble Racing or PRF anytime soon, but I recognize the effort and am encouraged by his voluntary return to game design.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • a7x3, Addy, Ajax-iwnl, Ajayci 100, Ashley766, Camer the Dragon, Janelle, JEEJAYEM, Northadox, tadtad
I just think this "exciting news" is extremely disingenuous. Jiggmin's abandoned his fan base multiple times. This can be perceived as crying wolf.