Important canadian debate
We are going through a worldwide crisis, the stakes are high, yet only one question remains of the utmost importance...
Is Ontario on the East Coast of not ?

[Image: image.jpg]
If you're reading this, it means I have not made a cool signature yet and you should be proud of yourself.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to TRUC For This Useful Post:
  • Athena
Its weast
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to John m. For This Useful Post:
  • Minimania
[Image: dsmGaKWMeHXe9QuJtq_ys30PNfTGnMsRuHuo_MUzGCg.jpg]
[Image: 6a00d8341c145e53ef011570b037d5970c-pi]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uptight 534 For This Useful Post:
  • Ajayci 100, gemj
As a Canadian born civilian, I say that Ontario is apart of East Coast. Since my province, Manitoba, is the "Heart of Canada", that makes Ontario apart of the east side.

Edit: Looking back at it, the term East Coast refers to the coast near the Atlantic Ocean. I personally would consider Ontario to be apart of Central Canada since it is quite far from the Atlantic Ocean. The ones belonging to the East Coast would be PEI, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Newfoundland and Labrador.

That's all from a Manitoban's perspective 😂
I don't know... Mideast? It's not quite middle, but not quite east either.
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
I grew up in Southeast Alaska... so I'm pretty much Canadian, right?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunanova For This Useful Post:
  • Fresh Cookies, Minimania
I would say Ontario is east,

also its funny to hear how people say ontario if they never heard it said before
[Image: dDh1Lkq.png]
(28th June 2020, 10:14 PM)Ajayci 100 Wrote: I would say Ontario is east,

also its funny to hear how people say ontario if they never heard it said before

A lot of canadian things and names don't make sense even to other english speaking countries, probably cause of the first nations influence and the duality of the language lol.

*I'm talking to you people who pronounce it Patrick Wah, uncultured swines
If you're reading this, it means I have not made a cool signature yet and you should be proud of yourself.
It really straddles Central and Eastern. It's kinda like Ohio -- the bridge between Central and Eastern in the US.
I wouldn't call it east coast
I would call it east in terms of where it is in the country and south of the coast (north coast (?))
á
That depends. Do you think West Virginia is on the east coast?

[Image: united-states-map-with-state-names.gif]

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • gemj, new bat pr2
would you say the ACT is on the east coast?

Attached Files Image(s)

(29th June 2020, 2:31 PM)bls1999 Wrote: That depends. Do you think West Virginia is on the east coast?

I mean, North Carolina is technically a southern state. So I don't see why not.
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
(29th June 2020, 2:31 PM)bls1999 Wrote: That depends. Do you think West Virginia is on the east coast?
As a United States east coaster (New Jersey), West Virginia is not a part of this exclusive club.
[Image: 6a00d8341c145e53ef011570b037d5970c-pi]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uptight 534 For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999, new bat pr2
I don't get bls and gemj
Ontario is on the coast unlike those other 2
á
(30th June 2020, 6:06 AM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: I don't get bls and gemj
Ontario is on the coast unlike those other 2

Alright, I'm breaking out Wikipedia.

Wikipedia Wrote:The coast, also known as the coastline or seashore, is defined as the area where land meets the sea or ocean, or as a line that forms the boundary between the land and the ocean or a lake.
Article Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coast

Please point to where Ontario intersects the Atlantic Ocean.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
(30th June 2020, 4:22 PM)bls1999 Wrote: Alright, I'm breaking out Wikipedia.

Article Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coast

Please point to where Ontario intersects the Atlantic Ocean.

The Hudson Bay
á
(30th June 2020, 7:37 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: The Hudson Bay

So by your logic, Texas could be part of the East Coast because it is bordering the Gulf of Mexico, which leads into the Atlantic Ocean like the Hudson Bay does.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lalafox For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, bls1999, gemj
(30th June 2020, 7:37 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: The Hudson Bay

You just proved my point-- Ontario may intersect the Hudson Bay, but it does not directly intersect the Atlantic Ocean. Therefore, it is not part of the east coast.

The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
(30th June 2020, 8:48 PM)bls1999 Wrote: You just proved my point-- Ontario may intersect the Hudson Bay, but it does not directly intersect the Atlantic Ocean. Therefore, it is not part of the east coast.

You do know I did say it wasn't east coast lol
I said it was north coast
The east referring to the position in the country "east, and north coast"
á