Big Brother: Trials and Temptations RE-DUX
[Image: C4nU7lh.png]
OG logo made by PlayerZ! Thank you, PlayerZ! Updated slightly by me!

Current Status

New Comp...?

HoH
Camer the Dragon

Nominees
n/a

Current Houseguests

@Addy
@Ashley766
@Camer the Dragon
@Lego-man945
@MrGlad
@"Mystery"
@Sushie
@TRUC
@Uptight 534

Evicted Houseguests
10. @DivineZerinus
11. @Kursed (Self-Evicted; inactivity)
12. @dotime
13. @Janelle (Self-Evicted; busy busy)
14. @JEEJAYEM

All usernames will be updated if any are changed throughout the season. 
Prizes
To be determined Smile
Announcements
Competition One PostedClick Here!
Competition One Results- Click Here!
First Eviction Ceremony- Click Here!
Competition Two Posted- Click Here!
Competition Two Results- Click Here!
Second Eviction Ceremony- Click Here!
Competition Three Posted- Click Here!
Competition Three Results- Click Here!
Announcement- Click Here!
Competition Four Posted- Click Here!
Competition Four Results-
Third Eviction Ceremony- 
This is where any competition announcement and result links will be placed...as well as eviction ceremony results and any other happenings that may go on throughout the season! Click the spoiler!

Please see Rules and Lingo below to familiarize yourself with the game! May the best houseguest win!
COOL STUFF! FEEL FREE TO USE WHENEVER!
Big Brother Council is ALWAYS watching
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: rApGaCt.png]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Resarekt For This Useful Post:
  • Addy, Ashley766, Camer the Dragon, dotime, Janelle, Kursed, Mia, MrGlad, Sushie, TRUC, ~JBG~
Welcome one welcome all to Big Brother: Trials and Temptations RE-DUX! Before the chaos and drama and fun ensue, I think it is a good time to lay down some rules I will be following for this game.

RULES:

1. Any rules that are meant to followed on Jiggmin2 are to be followed while a part of Big Brother. Any rule break is up to the mod team's discretion but if you are banned from the forum, you are evicted from Big Brother. No exceptions.

2. This game is meant for people who know they will be active. Anyone who does not at least log in and participate in some way in a 7 day window will be put at a serious disadvantage. I know things can happen at random so I will be a little more lenient than I had originally planned, but do not wear this patience out.

3. Don't be a jerk. If it is heard that you are being rude to another houseguest for whatever reason, you will automatically be put on the block for eviction. If you are not eliminated and are still being a pest, I reserve the right to evict you from Big Brother.

4. Under absolutely NO circumstances can the HOH post for an ally in the competition following a win in the prior competition.

5. Have fun and play hard! And may the best houseguest win! 

(25th June 2021, 8:33 PM)Resarekt Wrote: Just a quick reminder that CURRENT HOH's cannot compete in the next competition following their win! That has been a mainstay rule since the beginning of Big Brother (even the TV shows), so we are continuing the tradition! 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Resarekt For This Useful Post:
  • MrGlad, Sushie, TRUC
Also, since I know we have some new players, I figure a little guide on the game and a lingo helper will be super beneficial for helping them get acquainted with the game setting. So, without further ado:

BIG BROTHER OVERVIEW:
  • Big Brother is a game that will put your mind to the test, as it requires skill, strategy, determination, and deception to be a force to be reckoned with. All I am going to say is be extremely vigilant and make sure to read every competition post to its fullest to understand as much as you can.

•  There will be games of skill (like puzzles, pr2 challenges, and even some quizzes), games of strategy (Hot Potato and Doors are some past examples), and games of endurance (post-a-thons, goal posting, and other posting oriented competitions) that will ensure you use all of those skills. My tip here is to know when you need to go all out, and know when you can hold up a little. But again, sleep with one eye open, so to speak, as the goal of Big Brother is not to make nice with everyone, but to win.
Now, about that BB lingo...

LINGO OF BIG BROTHER:
  •  Alliance: A grouping of houseguests who rely on each other for various advantages.

•  Head of Household (HOH): They are the winners of the competitions. They can, as the winners of the competition, nominate two houseguests for eviction. The house then votes (majority leaves style) on who should be evicted. As HOH, they cannot vote (unless in a tie) and they cannot compete in the next competition.

• Nominees: They are the ones put on the block for eviction, courtesy of the HOH. All they can really do while on the block is to try to convince the other houseguests to let them stay...in any way they can.

• Jury: At around the halfway point in Big Brother, a Juror's House will be created. After that point, any houseguests evicted will become the Jury (until the final 2). The job of the jury is to vote on who wins. They watch the play of the houseguests remaining. Also, for the final 2, they are to ask questions based on the play of the remaining houseguests as well as anything else that is on their mind that will help formulate a vote for who shall win. When they all have a vote, the votes are revealed and whoever is voted for the most by Jury wins Big Brother. 

That is about all I have for y'all lingo and tip wise. I would make sure to read EVERY bit of this and to read it thoroughly (this goes for you veterans, too). If you have any further questions about the game or some of the lingo, please feel free to PM me and I will do my best to explain it in a way that makes the most sense!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Resarekt For This Useful Post:
  • Mia, MrGlad, Sushie, TRUC, Uptight 534
FIRST!

Good to be back.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Sushie For This Useful Post:
  • Resarekt
Party Post Smile

Awesome!!

Gotta say, it’s crazy still seeing these old names... good to see you guys btw Smile
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kursed For This Useful Post:
  • Janelle, Resarekt, Sushie
PM's have been sent to all houseguests! Please respond as promptly as possible! Consider this the first activity 'checker.' This will be something I do periodically to ensure that everyone is relatively active! 

I would like these PM's to be responded to by June 7th at 11:59PM CST. I want to get the game going as soon as possible!

Also...I haven't quite thought about what the winner, 2nd place houseguest, and 3rd place houseguest will earn! I will update the OP and announce in the the thread once I have figured out something that will work!

See y'all in 5 days!
Obligatory TRUCing before it starts

[Image: TRUCing.gif]
If you're reading this, it means I have not made a cool signature yet and you should be proud of yourself.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to TRUC For This Useful Post:
  • Resarekt
[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 6a00d8341c145e53ef011570b037d5970c-pi]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Uptight 534 For This Useful Post:
  • Resarekt
I feel right at home 😎
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Addy For This Useful Post:
  • Resarekt
(3rd June 2021, 3:05 PM)Addy Wrote: I feel right at home 😎

Me too, man! It just feels right to be hosting this again and actually planning to make sure we finish this time! Fun fact: I've been thinking about starting this since basically the pandemic started...but I had little time to actually do it until now. 
!!!
I forgotten how to play it has been a long while do I just post orrrrrrrrrrr??
anyways it nice to be in a jv event again
Life is a ? is it but death is a !. 
You never know what happens until it happens - ricky101/dotime
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dotime For This Useful Post:
  • Addy, Resarekt
(4th June 2021, 1:49 AM)dotime Wrote: I forgotten how to play it has been  a long while do I just post orrrrrrrrrrr??
anyways it nice to be in a jv event again

Haha you’re all good, friend! Basically it’ll depend on the competition we have! Some may require you to just PM me...some may require you to post a lot...and others may just be PR2 races!

Glad to have you back in a JV even again, though!
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Resarekt For This Useful Post:
  • dotime
Exclamation 
Heyo! Just dropping by with a few housekeeping items to address! 

1. Big Brother Playlist
I know we all are really excited to get back to an incredible community game that has brought a number of us together and has always brought about great competition! So, to get you guys into the competitive spirit...I created a Spotify Playlist that I believe you guys will enjoy greatly! I highly suggest you check it out! It will do you good, trust me Wink

Here is the link to the playlist: Big Brother Playlist!

2. PM’S
I have had a number of you already PM me back with responses to the little thing I sent a few days ago! That’s awesome, and is incredibly promising when it comes to the activity level I was hoping to see. I am currently waiting for PM’s back from the following people: 

@dotime @Ashley766 @Camer the Dragon @Janelle @"Mystery" @Kursed @DivineZerinus

If you see your name in the list above, I need you to respond to the PM I sent you as soon as humanly possible. You have until end of day June 7 (CST). It will play a role in the game and also it helps me to get to know you better. It also allows for me to get the game going sooner rather than later! Thank you!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Resarekt For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon, dotime, Janelle, Kursed, Mia
Sent B)
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Kursed For This Useful Post:
  • Resarekt
COMPETITION ONE: DID YOU KNOW THAT SPAM ONLY HAS SIX INGREDIENTS? (postathon...to an extent)
[Image: 8PVNYG4.jpg]

The goal of this competition is honestly super simple. You simply post a LOT (or not...see below) in order to better your chance at winning! The winner of the competition will be crowned Head of Household (or HOH for short) and will be able to nominate two houseguests for eviction!

Rules:

1. You can only post once every thirty (30) seconds (INCLUDING mods). There is a post limit for normal members so it is only fair to limit mods to this as well.
  2.  Posts on this thread are the only ones that will count towards this competition.
  3. Each post will be worth one point. That means...you can post 120 times an hour (2 times a minute, per the post limit) and that will reward you with 120 points!

The competition is going to last 48 hours, however...to make it slightly more competitive...the max number of posts counted will be 2,000. 

"But Resarekt, what do you mean we cannot post more than 2,000 times? Isn't the winner of this competition usually the one who posts the most?"

FIRST TWIST: THE NUMBERS, MASON...
Typically...the answer to this question is yes. But, I figured we start this season of Big Brother with a little twist. See...many of us are older than we were when we spammed with little regard for a decent sleep schedule. The vast majority of us have busier lives now, too! So, to alleviate the stress of posting literally thousands of times...I have chosen a specific number between 1-2000 that you will be AIMING for. I have a list of 15 numbers that I will be choosing from at competitions end in order to crown the winner. 

So, now that everyone's on an even playing field...these are the numbers I will be picking from: 

The competition BEGINS on Wednesday, June 9th at 12pm (Noon) CST. COUNTDOWN
The competition ENDS on Friday, June 11th at 12pm (Noon) CST. COUNTDOWN
Best of luck to everyone!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Resarekt For This Useful Post:
  • Addy, Camer the Dragon, DivineZerinus, dotime, Janelle, JEEJAYEM, Kursed, Lego-man945, Mia
Mmmm spam
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Sushie For This Useful Post:
  • Resarekt
(7th June 2021, 3:46 PM)Sushie Wrote: Mmmm spam

Funny enough...I still have yet to buy Spam...I’m sure it’s delicious (it’s just heavily salted meat product) but like...i dunno man...
I can't wait to spa
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Mia For This Useful Post:
  • Addy