Poll: How many players should be needed to trigger a prize on Campaign?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Keep it the same (4)
20.00%
3 20.00%
Reduce it to 3
0%
0 0%
Reduce it to 2
80.00%
12 80.00%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

POLL: Number of players to trigger Campaign prize
Over the years, there's been some talk of reducing the number of players needed to trigger a campaign prize. Currently, 4 players are needed. Do you want this number to be reduced or stay the same?

Disclaimer: the results of the poll will not necessarily dictate any changes or lack thereof on this matter.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
I have an idea, what if we could change how the parts we’re giving out biased on how many players are in the race

How about have this:
2 players = rare chance of getting the specific part from the campaign level
3 players = half chance of getting the specific part from the campaign level
4 players = 100% chance of getting the specific part from the campaign level
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Addy For This Useful Post:
  • Master Raiden
Makes the most sense to me to reduce it to 2, 100% chance
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
  • AlphaZ
I think it should be reduced to just one player. Not that you're getting many people to play campaign levels with you anyways. PR3's campaign was single player and awarded the part if you got under a certain threshold; that's the ideal for me but I don't think anybody would care if you just need to win the race by yourself to get the part/hat.
[Image: aGf8Xvh.png]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Northadox For This Useful Post:
  • AlphaZ, FDX3
Getting 2 randomly is tough enough, so reducing to 2 is good

I think a really good way would be like in PR3 single-player campaign but that might be annoying to implement after the fact in PR2
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • AlphaZ
Here's my theory: It's a lot faster to grind for these miscellaneous prizes, if you're just playing alone. Why? Because most people won't bother using more than one screen and changing their IP address, just to get a prize; they're too lazy, trust me. So, I say make these miscellaneous prizes available on all maps, while people can just macro run for the prizes on one screen.
(23rd March 2022, 4:33 PM)Different Wrote: Here's my theory: It's a lot faster to grind for these miscellaneous prizes, if you're just playing alone. Why? Because most people won't bother using more than one screen and changing their IP address, just to get a prize; they're too lazy, trust me. So, I say make these miscellaneous prizes available on all maps, while people can just macro run for the prizes on one screen.

Macroing is not allowed on the Campaign Tab: Pr2 Rules
(23rd March 2022, 6:56 PM)Eternal Wrote: Macroing is not allowed on the Campaign Tab: Pr2 Rules

Where in my statement did you see me mention the "Campaign Tab?"... Seriously. When I said all maps, I wasn't necessarily referring to maps on the campaign tab. Obviously, we would be on the search tab.
(23rd March 2022, 11:35 AM)Addy Wrote: I have an idea, what if we could change how the parts we’re giving out biased on how many players are in the race

How about have this: 
2 players = rare chance of getting the specific part from the campaign level
3 players = half chance of getting the specific part from the campaign level
4 players = 100% chance of getting the specific part from the campaign level

I like this idea.

If I'm not mistaken, this is kind of how random prizes work. The more players you have, the higher chance there is for a prize to appear.

But I don't really think reducing the amount of players required to 2 is going to make much of a difference. If you were to go onto Campaign now and wait for another player, you would probably be left waiting all day. So this will just make things slightly more convenient for those who want to 'sim' the prizes.
[Image: q2GRKUL.png]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Master Raiden For This Useful Post:
  • FDX3, Magniloquent
(23rd March 2022, 3:51 PM)Northadox Wrote: I think it should be reduced to just one player. Not that you're getting many people to play campaign levels with you anyways. PR3's campaign was single player and awarded the part if you got under a certain threshold; that's the ideal for me but I don't think anybody would care if you just need to win the race by yourself to get the part/hat.

(23rd March 2022, 8:26 PM)Master Raiden Wrote: But I don't really think reducing the amount of players required to 2 is going to make much of a difference. If you were to go onto Campaign now and wait for another player, you would probably be left waiting all day. So this will just make things slightly more convenient for those who want to 'sim' the prizes.

Agreed ^

The game is completely dead. Best to make the prizes obtainable solo now.

Copy and paste from my previous post regarding this topic:

Even finding someone else to race would be a challenge these days. I'd suggest making parts obtainable by playing solo too, perhaps by completing the campaign levels under a certain time for that campaign level (could come up with a time by finishing the level with stats at the min rank for that level with no hat in a good time).

Adding bots to the game that can be played against could be another way.
[Image: sigimage.php?u=515167&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c5=ff3333]
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FDX3 For This Useful Post:
  • Addy, AlphaZ, David, Different
(23rd March 2022, 10:41 PM)FDX3 Wrote: Adding bots to the game that can be played against could be another way.

I second this statement ^^
(23rd March 2022, 10:41 PM)FDX3 Wrote: Adding bots to the game that can be played against could be another way.
 This giving me a pr3 ghost races vibe
I would like the game to be as close to how people played it back in 2008. But updating how players receive awards to accommodate a smaller, more niche player base is appropriate. I've never really paid attention to how the rewards are designed. I've always just tried to level up my character as fast as possible.
Those who wield swords but choose to sheath them will inherit the earth (closer interpretation).
The people have decided! From this point forward, playing a Campaign level with 2 players will trigger the 4-player prize. Thanks to everyone who voted!

The part information popups will be updated to reflect this change in the next PR2 version.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • AlphaZ, Camer the Dragon, Northadox