Poll: Have you ever lost an argument before?… If so, how will you deal with it?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Accept defeat and move on.
60.00%
3 60.00%
Continue to argue with that person, even though I know I’m mentally and verbally defeated.
0%
0 0%
Resort to physical tactics and throw hands!
0%
0 0%
Pull a gun out and threaten to shoot them!
20.00%
1 20.00%
Curse them out and give them the famous finger!
20.00%
1 20.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

LOSING an Argument!
If you're reading this, tell me something... when's the last time you've gotten into a heated argument with another individual and lost? Regardless of whether who started it, you may have either won or failed miserably to finish it. We've all been in that devastating situation before, where we've been mentally and verbally defeated, trying to figure out how to shut that person up and finish the argument.

Two people arguing!

But honestly, it's nothing to be ashamed of because it's a life lesson that you have to go through. You may have picked an argument with the wrong person, being unaware that they talk A LOT, and will babble on to prove their point or embarrass you in front of others. If you can't match that energy, sometimes it's best to walk away because you know you got your ass kicked, verbally!

Guy loses an argument!

Imagine opening the door to discuss a topic with someone that you know NOTHING about, and all of a sudden, some ignorant bastard jumps in (who knows way more about it than you do) and obliterates you. You get tongue tied because they start to expose you in front of others, or you quickly realize that this person is on a higher level than you are.

The more you try to win that argument, the more you sound stupid because you know they're right. None of us want to admit that because we're getting our asses kicked, verbally!

What will you do in a situation like this? Walk away?... Or resort to very violent and physical tactics like pulling a gun out or fighting this person. Depending on what kind of person you are, you may decide to walk away... who knows? Some people take it the wrong way, and would rather resort to violent tactics.

Bad guy with a gun!

The point is, everybody has lost an argument at some point in their lives. But how will you deal with it? You know you're under hot water when you have ZERO facts to backup your claims, based on what you're saying. That's when the enemy sees an open attack to strike you verbally, with everything he's got.

People don't give a shit about you because the brutal truth is that they're trying to get their point across and get you to agree with what they're saying.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • Magniloquent
when I won th argument aganst veganism i was’nt hot headed i was right

edit: yemlo
Yemlo and Co.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matt For This Useful Post:
  • Magniloquent, Master Raiden
>>>>:I
>>:(
:(
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Magniloquent For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766
(12th May 2022, 2:40 PM)Matt Wrote: when I won th  argument aganst veganism i was’nt hot headed i was right

edit: yemlo

How do you know you won?
If you argue with the goal of "winning", then you're doing it wrong.

The goal of an argument should be to communicate ideas and gain more understanding about your viewpoint and the other person's viewpoint.

I try to achieve that every time I get into an argument. In the end, I either find out that I am right, or I find out I am wrong and learn something from it. So I never really lose.

The real losers are those who refuse to believe that they may be wrong. And if they are actually wrong, you can't make any progress and arguing with them is completely pointless.
[Image: q2GRKUL.png]
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Master Raiden For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon, Different, JEEJAYEM, Magniloquent
When I lost an argument, I learned something new that day.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Battlealvin2009 For This Useful Post:
  • Different, Master Raiden
(12th May 2022, 11:08 PM)Master Raiden Wrote: If you argue with the goal of "winning", then you're doing it wrong.

The goal of an argument should be to communicate ideas and gain more understanding about your viewpoint and the other person's viewpoint.

I try to achieve that every time I get into an argument. In the end, I either find out that I am right, or I find out I am wrong and learn something from it. So I never really lose.

The real losers are those who refuse to believe that they may be wrong. And if they are actually wrong, you can't make any progress and arguing with them is completely pointless.

The fact that you gained more knowledge from the opposing viewpoint of the other person, tells me that you accomplished something, which means that you did win in something, at least. Wouldn't you say so?
If I'm big enough to start an argument and I realise I'm wrong at some point, I will apologise.
However, if I'm due to start a valid argument I will always have screenshots and evidence ready to prove myself right.
It's been quite rare that I've thrown hands in a heated argument, if you're wrong just say sorry but some people are just too stubborn and love their little egos.
Discord - Mikasa.A.Cain #0705 Steam - IziCain
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to *Izi-Blissers* For This Useful Post:
  • Different
(12th May 2022, 6:50 PM)Different Wrote: How do you know you won?
Becuase all the vagans got angry with me which means I won
Yemlo and Co.
(13th May 2022, 11:59 AM)Matt Wrote: Becuase all the vagans got angry with me which means I won

Which ones were getting angry? Cause I think I was the only one vocalizing that I'm vegan, and I wasn't angry. More annoyed that people can be so intolerant of vegans to the point of bullying. Not saying you or anyone in that thread was doing this, but I have a coworker that is. We're just people like everyone else! Smile And I didn't really see winners or losers in that thread, just a difference in opinions. I actually liked how respectful it was. Most of the time, one side or the other is being extremely severe. Even if anyone thinks I "lost", I did learn that civil discussions about veganism proves that humanity is alive and well.
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Mia For This Useful Post:
  • Matt
(13th May 2022, 12:06 PM)Mystery Wrote: Which ones were getting angry? Cause I think I was the only one vocalizing that I'm vegan, and I wasn't angry. More annoyed that people can be so intolerant of vegans to the point of bullying. Not saying you or anyone in that thread was doing this, but I have a coworker that is. We're just people like everyone else! Smile And I didn't really see winners or losers in that thread, just a difference in opinions. I actually liked how respectful it was. Most of the time, one side or the other is being extremely severe. Even if anyone thinks I "lost", I did learn that civil discussions about veganism proves that humanity is alive and well.
Yes me two. We are all Humas at the end of the day and I did nt win but my brain thiught it did edit

Edit:

:-)
Yemlo and Co.
(13th May 2022, 11:59 AM)Matt Wrote: Becuase all the vagans got angry with me which means I won

Mmm... interesting 🤔
(13th May 2022, 12:19 PM)Different Wrote: Mmm... interesting 🤔
i respet vegans now because 
of the thing he said
Yemlo and Co.