[BR] Bubble Racing
New bubble racing content omg Eek, I don't know when this is from but Ashley told me about it

https://bubbleracing.com/

NOTE: I think this is essentially an alpha build so there will be a lot of bugs

NOTE 2: As Northadox has pointed out, a better version is at https://dev.bubbleracing.com/ where you can change your avatar, its name and a lot of the bugs are fixed

Gameplay Features:
- Level Editor
- Solo Races
- Upgrades to Char (Fixed order)
- Can find other Chars to unlock in levels, find a treasure chest you have enough keys to open and stay on it, then finish the level to collect char (note, the sprite for the char that follows you isn't necessarily the char that you'll get) (In dev ver, each char has diff max stats)
- Customisable Char (Dev ver)
- Many stage obstacles: Crumbles take time to break, Planks you push out the way, Whirlpools suck you in, Jellyfish make you go fast but you lose control of your char, Ink slows you down
- Saves most recent time to a level (not best but most recent)
- Stats: "Speed, Toughness, Luck"
- Autopilot, literally just plays the game for you and knows the route out of the maze

Known Bugs:
- Audio bugs (crispy) (Fixed in dev ver)
- Up arrows turn into Right Arrows in LE (from what I've seen of the 1st 2 levels there might not be an up arrow in the game yet?) Also, yep there's a Level Editor (Fixed in dev ver)
- All current arrows from what I see act as right arrows, no matter what they visually are (Fixed in dev ver)
- There is a softlock I found, 2 right arrows in a row doesn't let you pass into the block of the leftmost right arrow when coming from the right, so if the 2nd right arrow had a block above, below and to the right you get softlocked (Fixed in dev ver)
- The game will always have you play as your most recently unlocked char, even if you selected another char to race as
- Time displayed at end of level will always say "0:45"
- If you use keys it will says "Keys + -1" or something instead of "Keys - 1" (Honestly this isn't really a bug) (Broken in dev ver, now it says -- which is a double negative)

Dev Version Bugs:
- Going into level editor as a guest makes colours 3-6 black on a customised character
- Exiting out of and reloading the game makes all colours black on a customised character
- Unsure if this is in the JV2 ver but I would assume so, sometimes hitting a jellyfish and then hitting a wall at a certain angle clips you through the wall
á
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999, LuniFoxo, tadtad
can you pop than bubbles thoughs
Yemlo and Co.
I can't believe I'm playing a (presentable) Jiggmin game in the year 2022. Glad to see he's still practicing his wonderful communication skills! I'm grateful that he's still working on games on his own time. Seems like he's going by "Grahn" now.

It seems that our main man has been working on this in a new repository, the old one from GitHub hasn't been updated in ages. He's working on it via his page on GitLab.

Note that this link seems to lead to a more recent developer version with more features, with account creation and the like.

This is too much to take in all at once!!! I'll explore this a bit more and gauge my opinion better.
[Image: aGf8Xvh.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Northadox For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon
(22nd June 2022, 7:55 PM)Northadox Wrote: I can't believe I'm playing a (presentable) Jiggmin game in the year 2022. Glad to see he's still practicing his wonderful communication skills! I'm grateful that he's still working on games on his own time. Seems like he's going by "Grahn" now.

Yeah it feels like a decade ago instead lol
á
This game has been getting some serious updates, kind of exciting! I think at some point Jiggmin mentioned that the goal of this project was to gain familiarity with the Godot engine, but despite that there are some pretty cool ideas on display, and the game's atmosphere is really nice. It looks like it might have working multiplayer now as well.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Delphinoid_ For This Useful Post:
  • Adulock77