Poll: Which one of these sports do you think is the most important to learn, FIRST?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boxing
0%
0 0%
MMA
100.00%
3 100.00%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Boxing vs. MMA Debate!
Suppose you get into a situation where someone presses you the wrong way. If you're smart, the first thing you're thinking is to ATTACK them, verbally, right? But this isn't the case. A heated argument between the two of you, results in the other person, throwing the first PUNCH in your face. Are you going to backdown like a coward, or are you going to fight back?

Incase you fight back, just remember that everyone has a certain fighting style that they use, to handle certain situations. The BIGGEST decision is being able to decide which one works best in your favor. Considering the poll question, check out these videos to help you decide. Not only will they motivate and inspire you to challenge yourself, they'll also increase your TESTOSTERONE level by at least 100%!

Both Boxing and MMA are very powerful styles of fighting, but which one is either more important or more powerful??

I'd go with MMA (although I don't think either of them should be used in self-defense, being made for sports and all).
MMA uses more parts of the body (knees and elbows are very nice tools to know how to use). Boxing is nice and all but what happens when they kick your shins?
[Image: LLwQFov.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Lego-man945 For This Useful Post:
  • Different
(27th August 2022, 5:03 AM)AlphaZ Wrote: Objectively speaking, choosing to strictly box over using mixed martial arts (which includes boxing as well) would intentionally be handicapping yourself in a fight assuming you know both. There is no point in adhering to a strict fighting style in a street fight where your life is potentially on the line.

Good point. If you know both, mix it up to your advantage. But now, let's say you're a rookie and you don't know any forms of MMA training or boxing. Do you think someone should learn to box first, or learn MMA first? I hear Joe Rogan mentioned one time before, that back when he was 21, he knew MMA, but got punched in the face, multiple times due to lack of boxing skills.
I train Mixed Martial Arts (5 years up to now) and have heard countless stories about street fights (Never been involved in one myself thankfully) and everyone who has trained MMA has always resorted to using their wrestling/BJJ ability to nullify the other person. They said that it was the best way to go when it was 1v1 however, you have to be more careful when it is yourself vs multiple people.

There was recently a story from Brazil where a grappling legend called Leandro Lo was at a club with some friends, and an off-duty policeman stole a drink from his table and they begun fighting until Leandro took him down and then let the policeman go, and then the policeman shot and killed him. Always got to be careful. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leandro_Lo#Death
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ExplosionZ For This Useful Post:
  • AlphaZ, Different, Magniloquent, Master Raiden
(30th August 2022, 8:01 AM)ExplosionZ Wrote: There was recently a story from Brazil where a grappling legend called Leandro Lo was at a club with some friends, and an off-duty policeman stole a drink from his table and they begun fighting until Leandro took him down and then let the policeman go, and then the policeman shot and killed him. Always got to be careful. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leandro_Lo#Death

It's sad how a Brazilian Ju-Jitsu, black belt guy, lost his life to a pussy cop who'd rather pull out a strap, than accept defeat like a real man. So yes, you do have to be careful because a lot of people nowadays, would rather resort to pulling out a strap vs. taking an ass whoopin' like a real man.

If I'm not as highly skilled as the other guy, and I end up getting my ass kicked... I'm not going to pull out my strap and end up with a murder charge. Shooting someone in the back of the head is the most malicious, yet savage thing you can do. In a situation like that, if I take the guy down, I'm going to either pick his pockets or disarm him if I see he's getting ready to shoot me (considering I'm near by him).

Here's an example of how fights should be settled:

if you an to box and an man does MMA you will better run away
Yemlo and Co.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Matt For This Useful Post:
  • Different
(1st September 2022, 3:47 PM)Matt Wrote: if you an to box and an man does MMA you will better run away

What if you're Mike Tyson, defending yourself?
(1st September 2022, 3:51 PM)Different Wrote: What if you're Mike Tyson, defending yourself?
im not Mike tanson though
@David Have you ever been interested in taking any sort of self defense lessons such as boxing, MMA, etc? If so, which one do you think someone should learn, first?
(2nd September 2022, 1:32 PM)Different Wrote: @David Have you ever been interested in taking any sort of self defense lessons such as boxing, MMA, etc? If so, which one do you think someone should learn, first?

I'd like to learn martial arts sure, don't know what I'd learn though. Silat looks very cool judging by Merantau and The Raid Redemption (Indonesian action movies), but realistically I'd want to learn whatever is best which might be MMA from my understanding. I definitely need to start getting into better shape
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
  • Different
(2nd September 2022, 11:19 PM)David Wrote: I'd like to learn martial arts sure, don't know what I'd learn though. Silat looks very cool judging by Merantau and The Raid Redemption (Indonesian action movies), but realistically I'd want to learn whatever is best which might be MMA from my understanding. I definitely need to start getting into better shape

Most people start off with certain styles of MMA such as Brazilian Ju-Jitsu or Muay Thai, so to speak.
I'm happy to say that I've gone almost a month without punching someone in the face
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
(3rd September 2022, 5:06 PM)Yomakoy Wrote: I'm happy to say that I've gone almost a month without punching someone in the face

mabye you should punch urself in the face adn see if it make you an happyer
Yemlo and Co.
(3rd September 2022, 6:58 PM)Matt Wrote: mabye you should punch urself in the face adn see if it make you an happyer

As a person who's punched someone and gotten punched, it doesn't make me happier on either end.
(3rd September 2022, 9:15 PM)Yomakoy Wrote: As a person who's punched someone and gotten punched, it doesn't make me happier on either end.

What happened? How did this altercation resort to physical tactics? I want all the details.
(4th September 2022, 2:06 AM)Different Wrote: What happened? How did this altercation resort to physical tactics? I want all the details.

It's that coworker I talked about in the other thread. Dude was baiting me. Making screaming noises and telling me I'm bad at my job all night. Once he made the screaming noise after I told him to stop three or four times, I threw a left hook at his face, then quit. Keep in mind, I'm a very relaxed and non-violent person. Dude just kept pushing and pushing until he made me snap.
(4th September 2022, 9:22 AM)Yomakoy Wrote: It's that coworker I talked about in the other thread. Dude was baiting me. Making screaming noises and telling me I'm bad at my job all night. Once he made the screaming noise after I told him to stop for the third or fourth time, I threw a left hook at his face, then quit.

Sounds like he was bullying you, to me. Why not tell the manager about that? You never want to be the guy to throw the first punch because you never know how the situation might turn out. He could either be another Mike Tyson (far more skilled than you), or he could have sued you. Outside the job, might have been different.
(4th September 2022, 9:27 AM)Different Wrote: Sounds like he was bullying you, to me. Why not tell the manager about that? You never want to be the guy to throw the first punch because you never know how the situation might turn out. He could either be another Mike Tyson (far more skilled than you), or he could have sued you. Outside the job, might have been different.

He was straight up harassing me, and he knows it. Management at that place was a joke, they wouldn't have done shit. Supervisor was up in his office sitting on his phone while he was screaming at me. The turnover rate at that place is ridiculously high. They fired someone for telling the supervisor some of the issues that were going on. And someone else quit because the higher ups wouldn't listen to him. That place was a hell hole. I wasn't worried about him hitting me, dude was skin and bones.
(4th September 2022, 9:49 AM)Yomakoy Wrote: He was straight up harassing me, and he knows it. Management at that place was a joke, they wouldn't have done shit. Supervisor was up in his office sitting on his phone while he was screaming at me. The turnover rate at that place is ridiculously high. They fired someone for telling the supervisor some of the issues that were going on. And someone else quit because the higher ups wouldn't listen to him. That place was a hell hole. I wasn't worried about him hitting me, dude was skin and bones.

As toxic as that place is, I'm surprised it's still in business. That's when you gotta report those issues to corporate, anonymously. Otherwise, it'll continue to be a toxic environment, until someone brings a gun to work. It's always the blue-collar jobs that have the most disrespectful, hostile people from the hood and low-end, suburban areas.

Firing someone for reporting issues, can result in a lawsuit because that's abusive power on their part. I'm glad you got out of there, when you did. Well, you can always be a gamer, now. You just need a fanbase and social media marketing.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • Mia