Poll: Do you think that drinking COFFEE is good for you?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Hell yeah because I drink it everyday!
37.50%
3 37.50%
Yes because I drink it, sometimes.
0%
0 0%
Yes because I'll have a cup, every now and then.
0%
0 0%
Absolutely not! I despise the taste of it!
37.50%
3 37.50%
I've never had a cup of COFFEE so, I couldn't tell you.
25.00%
2 25.00%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Caffeine - Are you addicted?
If you're reading this thread, you're either a COFFEE drinker, ADDICTED to it, or you've recently had a cup of COFFEE because you've been off of it for a while and couldn't resist having another cup. EVERYONE has had a cup of COFFEE before, and most of us don't seem to be bothered by CAFFEINE running through our veins because it tastes so damn good! It gives us a DOPAMINE spike and an ADRENALINE rush. But what I'm trying to find out from you all is, do you think that drinking COFFEE is good for you, or is it doing you more HARM than good?

TEMPTATION TIME: Now, when you're finished with this thread, you'll more than likely go and get a cup of COFFEE from Starbucks, make it at home with your COFFEE maker, or go to work and get a cup of COFFEE. Starbucks can be ADDICTING too, with all their FRAPPUCCINOS, HOT LATTES, all the different flavors of COFFEE you can drink with MILK and SUGAR, etc. Or hell, most people drink COFFEE, black. Starbucks is making a huge profit off you guys, and you don't even realize it because you're too busy being ADDICTED! 😈🥛🍼🍺🍶

When you're done drooling over this delicious, ooey-gooey, mouthwatering, succulent, irresistible cup of FRAPPUCCINO and COFFEE, check out the video at the bottom below for more information!

[Image: WfFPeiJ.jpg]

[Image: u2AarTG.jpg]

One important thing that I can take away from this video is that "drinking COFFEE can be a DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD" - meaning it can be used to get rid of HEADACHES, but then once you stop drinking it, the HEADACHES come back, all of a sudden. Now, whether you agree or disagree with this video, let me know if you personally think that drinking COFFEE is good for you or not.

Coffee has some health benefits from my understanding, but also downsides. If you drink it black or with wholesome additives and in moderation it's probably ok and perhaps beneficial, but when you add a bunch of sugars and cream and what not like a lot of Starbucks drinks then it's quite bad for you. Not because of the coffee itself, but the large sugar content (and calories if weight is of concern)

Personally I don't drink coffee except on rare occasion, it can be physically addicting and I don't like addictions. It also just doesn't taste great, some coffee drinks can be OK like certain frappucino's but I'd still rather just have a milkshake or something
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
  • Different
(6th September 2022, 12:17 PM)David Wrote: Coffee has some health benefits from my understanding, but also downsides. If you drink it black or with wholesome additives and in moderation it's probably ok and perhaps beneficial, but when you add a bunch of sugars and cream and what not like a lot of Starbucks drinks then it's quite bad for you. Not because of the coffee itself, but the large sugar content (and calories if weight is of concern)

Personally I don't drink coffee except on rare occasion, it can be physically addicting and I don't like addictions. It also just doesn't taste great, some coffee drinks can be OK like certain frappucino's but I'd still rather just have a milkshake or something

I agree with you that coffee has some downsides as far as addictions goes. All that cream and sugar can make you docile over time, which is why I've slowed down, recently. The Frappuccinos at Starbucks are very addicting, though. Plus I love to put cream and sugar in my coffee, which is why it's made me so exhausted before.

On the other hand, I respect your strong, decision to not be addicted to it because it can be a problem. I know because I'm addicted to sugar, unfortunately.
I'm fond of tea, but I'm not addicted to the caffeine. Caffeine gives me sort of a headache if I drink too much, so I shy away from sodas and the like. Never was a fan of coffee.
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Mia For This Useful Post:
  • Different
(6th September 2022, 2:28 PM)Yomakoy Wrote: I'm fond of tea, but I'm not addicted to the caffeine. Caffeine gives me sort of a headache if I drink too much, so I shy away from sodas and the like. Never was a fan of coffee.

It's ok. Not everyone likes the taste of coffee, or even the smell of it. Since you're a fan of tea, you should strongly consider drinking the strawberry or hibiscus tea. It's really good with a bunch of antioxidants that help stimulate your mind and body.
I've never had coffee or tea in my life lol
I have cola tho
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • Different
(6th September 2022, 5:12 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: I've never had coffee or tea in my life lol
I have cola tho

Try THIS cola. It's better for you than the regular cola they sell in the grocery stores. I think you might like it.
Unfortunately, Caffeine from coffee gives me heart palpitations, anxiety, heartburn, and even makes me depressed sometimes so I can only drink decaf coffee. But caffeine from tea!!! I love it. It's where I get my fix from. I love the green and black tea benefits and it gives me no anxiety whatsoever! I can also take the caffeine from soda but I rarely drink soda
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ashley766 For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon, Different, Mia
i am caffine
Yemlo and Co.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Matt For This Useful Post:
  • Master Raiden
(6th September 2022, 7:47 PM)Ashley766 Wrote: Unfortunately, Caffeine from coffee gives me heart palpitations, anxiety, heartburn, and even makes me depressed sometimes so I can only drink decaf coffee. But caffeine from tea!!! I love it. It's where I get my fix from. I love the green and black tea benefits and it gives me no anxiety whatsoever! I can also take the caffeine from soda but I rarely drink soda

I'm sorry to hear that, Ash. If it's Caffeine from coffee, then it sounds like there's something else in there too, that might have a greater effect on your mental health, then just the caffeine side of it. Do you think it's all kinds of coffee with caffeine in it, or maybe just certain name brands or something?
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766
(6th September 2022, 7:47 PM)Ashley766 Wrote: Unfortunately, Caffeine from coffee gives me heart palpitations, anxiety, heartburn, and even makes me depressed sometimes so I can only drink decaf coffee. But caffeine from tea!!! I love it. It's where I get my fix from. I love the green and black tea benefits and it gives me no anxiety whatsoever! I can also take the caffeine from soda but I rarely drink soda

Ah huh
I wonder what the difference between coffee caffeine and tea caffeine is, if it's like a diff chemical makeup or quantity
But yeah at least you have the tea
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766
I've never had a cup of coffee. I had a sip from someone else's cup once and didn't like the taste. Also, I don't want to become dependent on caffeine in the mornings.
[Image: q2GRKUL.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Master Raiden For This Useful Post:
  • Different
This is what happens when you become addicted to coffee:
[Image: q2GRKUL.png]
(6th September 2022, 11:45 PM)Master Raiden Wrote: This is what happens when you become addicted to coffee:

LMFAO! You ain't lyin' about that, though 😂 I've literally seen a lady go berserk and turned into a demon, all because she missed out on her morning coffee. I've gone without coffee for at least a week and I turned out ok. Found strawberry tea as a replacement during that meantime.
(6th September 2022, 11:04 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: Ah huh
I wonder what the difference between coffee caffeine and tea caffeine is, if it's like a diff chemical makeup or quantity
But yeah at least you have the tea

I actually googled it one time Haha and the difference is the caffeine in tea has a lot less caffeine than a cup of coffee.  Caffeine from coffee is straight from the beans, but the caffeine in green tea takes a lot less time to come out of your system and contains some antioxidants
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Ashley766 For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon
(6th September 2022, 10:24 PM)Different Wrote: I'm sorry to hear that, Ash. If it's Caffeine from coffee, then it sounds like there's something else in there too, that might have a greater effect on your mental health, then just the caffeine side of it. Do you think it's all kinds of coffee with caffeine in it, or maybe just certain name brands or something?

I think it's certain coffees. A frappuccino from Starbucks with like 1 espresso shot I can handle, but a few months ago I had a nitro cold brew and that gave me anxiety. I'm just not used to coffee with tons of caffeine. I'm really caffeine sensitive so it just really depends. It has to be blended with something like milk. It can't be straight coffee
I have to have a hot cup of coffee in the morning with my cig. The rest of the day I prefer iced coffee or something sweeter from Costa but with minimal coffee. Trying to cut down on it.
Discord - Mikasa.A.Cain #0705 Steam - IziCain
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to *Izi-Blissers* For This Useful Post:
  • Different
(7th September 2022, 4:48 AM)Ashley766 Wrote: I think it's certain coffees. A frappuccino from Starbucks with like 1 espresso shot I can handle, but a few months ago I had a nitro cold brew and that gave me anxiety. I'm just not used to coffee with tons of caffeine. I'm really caffeine sensitive so it just really depends. It has to be blended with something like milk. It can't be straight coffee

Interesting 🤔 Yeah it's better to be on the safe side to not drink it at all when you go to these restaurants. Because of that very reason, it's probably better to make it yourself, that way you know exactly what's in it.

(7th September 2022, 6:05 AM)*Izi-Blissers* Wrote: I have to have a hot cup of coffee in the morning with my cig. The rest of the day I prefer iced coffee or something sweeter from Costa but with minimal coffee. Trying to cut down on it.

I like how you're also open to other suggestions, rather than just hot coffee. It's tough to cut down on it when you've got sugar added in the mix because it's so addicting, you know. I can't fathom drinking coffee, black; it's so distasteful to me. How do you feel about Starbucks' Frappuccinos? I usually get the caramel flavor.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • *Izi-Blissers*, Ashley766
I dislike the phrasing of the options...
The question is if coffee is good for you but the only way to say it isn't is because of the taste... There are much worse things about caffeine than the taste (I will admit to having a coffee once a month but that's about it).
Fun lil story, I once took a max-strength energy drink... Figured I'd be fine, my brother drinks em a decent amount so I thought I could handle it. It did not end well. I wasn't able to sleep til around 4 in the morning and my hands were shaking til around 2 (mind you, I drank it at 7:30)... Moral of the story, only people who have worked up a resistance to caffeine should drink max strength...
[Image: LLwQFov.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Lego-man945 For This Useful Post:
  • Different
Am I the only one here who genuinely likes the taste of coffee? I drink it black (no cream/sugar) everyday.
[Image: 6a00d8341c145e53ef011570b037d5970c-pi]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Uptight 534 For This Useful Post:
  • Different