Poll: Do you think that drinking COFFEE is good for you?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Hell yeah because I drink it everyday!
37.50%
3 37.50%
Yes because I drink it, sometimes.
0%
0 0%
Yes because I'll have a cup, every now and then.
0%
0 0%
Absolutely not! I despise the taste of it!
37.50%
3 37.50%
I've never had a cup of COFFEE so, I couldn't tell you.
25.00%
2 25.00%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Caffeine - Are you addicted?
(7th September 2022, 4:46 PM)Lego-man945 Wrote: Fun lil story, I once took a max-strength energy drink... Figured I'd be fine, my brother drinks em a decent amount so I thought I could handle it. It did not end well. I wasn't able to sleep til around 4 in the morning and my hands were shaking til around 2 (mind you, I drank it at 7:30)... Moral of the story, only people who have worked up a resistance to caffeine should drink max strength...

Lmfao! This reminds me of the time I thought I had a high tolerance for alcohol. Now, energy drinks on the other hand... is a different story for me. I can tolerate those; same with caffeine. Wait, what kind of energy drink did you have? Oh btw, those monster energy drinks that have the caffeine, coffee flavor, is really good.

(7th September 2022, 5:10 PM)Uptight 534 Wrote: Am I the only one here who genuinely likes the taste of coffee? I drink it black (no cream/sugar) everyday.

I don't see how you do it, man lol. I at least gotta have some sugar in my coffee, otherwise I won't even bother drinking.
(7th September 2022, 5:18 PM)Different Wrote: I don't see how you do it, man lol. I at least gotta have some sugar in my coffee, otherwise I won't even bother drinking.
I like the bitterness… probably because I am a bitter person.
[Image: 6a00d8341c145e53ef011570b037d5970c-pi]
(7th September 2022, 5:27 PM)Uptight 534 Wrote: I like the bitterness… probably because I am a bitter person.

I do like coffee black...however I MUCH prefer teas of all sorts. Additionally, I try to limit soda intake, but I do rely on Mio Energy, which does have a dose of caffeine per serving.
Big Brother Council is ALWAYS watching
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: rApGaCt.png]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Resarekt For This Useful Post:
  • Different
(7th September 2022, 5:38 PM)Resarekt Wrote: I do like coffee black...however I MUCH prefer teas of all sorts. Additionally, I try to limit soda intake, but I do rely on Mio Energy, which does have a dose of caffeine per serving.

Bro, I never knew that company existed until you mentioned it 🤔 Now that you have, I think I would want to go try the black cherry flavor. Is this stuff better than 5-hour energy?
(7th September 2022, 6:38 PM)AlphaZ Wrote: Honestly, coffee would be last on my list for caffeinated beverages. I'd much rather have a sugar free energy drink, but I'd just go with black coffee if I had to have it. I don't understand people who drink like 5-7 cups of coffee/day, that's just irresponsible. At that point you are asking to be addicted; once you get past the 300mg/day range it gets really bad, but you will develop a higher tolerance for it though. 

That said, I probably have a caffeinated beverage 1-2 times/week depending on the day. Sometimes you just need a boost.

It's nice to know that you drink caffeinated beverages in moderation. I think some people see caffeine as their quick-fix for that adrenaline rush or dopamine spike; makes them pumped up, everyday. I used to be like that, too. Especially with sugar, man. Used to make me exhausted and docile. Sugar and caffeine go hand-to-hand.
(7th September 2022, 6:04 PM)Different Wrote: Bro, I never knew that company existed until you mentioned it 🤔 Now that you have, I think I would want to go try the black cherry flavor. Is this stuff better than 5-hour energy?
its so much better!!!
Big Brother Council is ALWAYS watching
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: rApGaCt.png]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Resarekt For This Useful Post:
  • Different
@Master Raiden How do you feel about energy drinks?
(7th September 2022, 9:04 PM)Different Wrote: @Master Raiden How do you feel about energy drinks?

Never had one, and I'll probably stay away from them unless I desperately need some energy.
I prefer to recharge naturally with food or a nap instead.

[Image: c2e9c1e6faed05f664fff70e40076f108c710e3e...35e6_1.jpg]
[Image: q2GRKUL.png]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Master Raiden For This Useful Post:
  • Dan-83, Different, Mia
(8th September 2022, 11:39 PM)Master Raiden Wrote: Never had one, and I'll probably stay away from them unless I desperately need some energy.

Water is the best. It’s the only thing I drink 99% of the time lol
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Dan-83 For This Useful Post:
  • Master Raiden
(8th September 2022, 11:39 PM)Master Raiden Wrote: Never had one, and I'll probably stay away from them unless I desperately need some energy.

Don't forget that ethanol is also in alcohol, so it's not really the majority of water that's in it, depending on what you're drinking. More ethanol than water, so to speak.