Big Brother: Trials and Temptations
The seventh vote goes to:

Big Brother Council is ALWAYS watching
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: rApGaCt.png]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The eighth vote goes to:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Resarekt For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766
The ninth vote goes to:

• Addy
Just a reminder that shortly following the voting ceremony I will be posting the announcement of the second competition. It's something I came up with and boy oh boy it's gonna be a good one!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Resarekt For This Useful Post:
  • Addy, Ashley766, JEEJAYEM, Mr.Dux
If there is 14 contestants and 3 unable to vote, wouldn’t there be 11 votes?? Someone must have not voted
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Addy For This Useful Post:
  • Resarekt
The tenth and final vote goes to:

I did not receive all eleven votes from the houseguests who could vote. TRUC, as the only one who did not vote...and per my rules in the voting ceremony...you are automatically put on the block for eviction for the next voting ceremony. I cannot dilly dally and wait around for votes. Let this be a lesson to all.

The second competition announcement will be posted by 11:15 PM CST. Thank you all for coming to the voting ceremony.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Resarekt For This Useful Post:
  • Addy, gemj
Big Brother Competition #2: What's 9+10? 21? You Stupid!

[Image: hmn5OvG.jpg]

Ahh, the time has come to finally unleash my devilish little bag of tricks unto you all unsuspecting houseguests! This little game is of my own creation in the big brother realm...though I am certainly not the one to have invented it. I have to give a shoutout to my gambling side...as it came up with the idea! It is nothing other than BLACKJACK (21)!

The rules of the game are fairly straightforward and are as follows:

The point of the game is to get as close as you can to the number 21 without "busting," which I will explain in a moment. You're probably wondering right now...Host guy...we have no playing cards! How are we to play Blackjack online??? Don't worry! I have found a website that will deal us all random cards! Link: HERE!

Here are the values for the cards:
2: 2 points
3: 3 points
4: 4 points
5: 5 points
6: 6 points
7: 7 points
8: 8 points
9: 9 points
10, Jack, Queen, or King: 10 points
Ace: 1 OR 11 points

What is busting? Busting is quite literally...losing. It is when your hand happens to be more than 21 points...which means you tempted fate one too many times by "hitting" too many times!

What do you mean by hitting? Hitting in Blackjack is the act of asking for another card in order to try to win. It can be risky sometimes...but the reward can also be there!

What if I don't want to hit? If you do not want any more cards, then you ask to "stay" where you are at. This means you are locked in with whatever values you have.

Who will be the dealer?? Man, you ask a lot of questions! I will be the dealer in the competition. However, I will not be playing! No...instead it will be you VS. your fellow houseguests! I will, at the end of each round, reveal who had what and who the winner is for that round!

Where do we send you our responses? I will be PMing you all your cards individually at the start of each round. There I will ask you if you want to hit or stay. You will send your response there. Once you ask to stay, you are done responding. DO NOT post what you want to do in the thread. 

How will we know who won each round? When everyone has either chosen to stay or has busted, I will reveal what everyone had and declare our winner in the thread.

How do you win? Well...there are two ways to win in Blackjack essentially. The first way is the name of the game....get to 21 (which means in your hand you have an ace and a face card or you have any other number of cards that get to 21). The next way to win is if no one has 21 total in their cards, the highest point total wins.

What if there is a tie? Don't worry! I thought about that! If there is a tie for highest total points...the round will end one of two ways. First, we will determine the winner as the one with fewest cards to reach the number they have tied at (So, if you and I tie with 21 each but I have 3 cards in my hand whereas it took you 5, I would win the round). If they still are tied that way...we will break out the tie breaker.

What is this all important tie breaker? All right settle down with the questions! The tie breaker will be simple. The players tied will each draw one card. The highest card (with ace cards being high) wins. So, if you and I are still tied at 21 because we have the same number of cards, we go to the tie breaker. If I draw a Jack and you draw a Queen, you would win that round as Queen trumps Jack!

How will you crown the Head of Household? Simple! The first houseguest to win two rounds of Blackjack will become the next HOH! @Camer the Dragon as outgoing HOH, you cannot play this competition.

The competition will begin on Friday, June 21st (heh planned that well) at 5:21 PM CST. Countdown: HERE! 

If you have any questions, please PM me or message me wherever you can. Good luck...literally!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Resarekt For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Fresh Cookies, Mr.Dux, Stxtics
*Joins first giant forum game*
[Image: lcxyE0D.gif]

I appreciate having the opportunity to participate and it was a pleasure to compete against all of you. I am extremely disappointed that I am going to miss out on gambling since it is right up my alley.
[Image: 6a00d8341c145e53ef011570b037d5970c-pi]
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Uptight 534 For This Useful Post:
  • Fresh Cookies, JEEJAYEM, Mr.Dux, Resarekt, Stxtics, ~Bowl
Also, I was perusing the Survivor thread on Acid Forums and I found these gems....thought they might be a nice thing to have Wink

[Image: YFdKk0n.gif]

[Image: QN4vv2o.gif]

[Image: DlR2wHK.gif]

Enjoy, and use these whenever you feel! ESPECIALLY the TRUCing one Smile
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Resarekt For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon, Fresh Cookies, Kursed
PM's are being sent out for the second competition! I will post Round 1 updates here!

Round 1 updates:

Five players have busted so far...

Sushie has chosen to stay.
Kursed has chosen to stay.
Lego-Man945 has chosen to stay.
Addy has chosen to stay.
Mr.Dux has chosen to stay.
~Bowl has chosen to stay.
Fresh Cookies has chosen to stay.
  • Fresh Cookies, Stxtics
I’ve hit twice now. Fortune favours the bold!!
I'm deciding as of right now....that we will only play until someone wins two rounds. Three wins could take much too long...and I need to keep the game moving. I'll be updating the rules of the competition now. Everything else still applies.

She has been updated!
  • Ashley766
So... does the next round begin in an hour?
#Bowl4Mod

The next round will begin in a few hours....regardless if the person I'm waiting on replies or not. If they do not reply...I am to assume they want to stay.
  • Fresh Cookies, Mr.Dux, ~Bowl
Round One Results:

Five players (gemj, JEEJAYEM, Stxtics, TRUC, and Ashley766) all busted.

In third place, we had a tie between two players! Mr.Dux and Sushie buth had a score of 19 points, both even having had to hit one ime!

In second place, the standalone houseguest with 20 points was Addy!

In first place....we had a tie between two houseguests. Fresh Cookies and Lego-Man945 both got blackjack! However, we cannot have a tie for first place...and the tiebreaker must be put into place. 

This means that....the Round one winner of this comp is:

Now that that is settled...we need to get serious for a second. This competition...if it plays out like it is...could very well take a month to complete. That is far too long...so I am again revising the rules slightly. We will now only play THREE total rounds. If there is a tie for winners in the comp, I have a tiebreaker in my head...so there is no reason for worry there. I just need the flow of the game to move quicker than this competition would have made it. So, that means there are only two more rounds to the comp. May the best houseguest win them!

The second round's cards will be dealt in 1 hour. 
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Resarekt For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Fresh Cookies, gemj, Kursed, Mr.Dux, Stxtics
Round 2 is over. I will post the results and send the final round cards later tonight.
  • Ashley766, Fresh Cookies, Stxtics
Round Two Results:

Two players (Addy and JEEJAYEM) busted.

In third place, we had a tie between two players!~Bowl and TRUC both had a score of 19 points!

In second place, we had a tie between three players! Kursed, Lego-Man945 and Ashley766 all had a score of 20 points!

In first place....we had a tie between three houseguests. gemj, Stxtics, and Mr.Dux all got blackjack! However, we cannot have a tie for first place...and the tiebreaker must be put into place. 

This means that...

The third round will begin eventually.
  • Ashley766, Stxtics
ooo
á
I got all three PM's...now to deal the cards. If you read the super tie breaker portion of the rules, you know what we gotta do for it.

Quote:What is this all important tie breaker? All right settle down with the questions! The tie breaker will be simple. The players tied will each draw one card. The highest card (with ace cards being high) wins. So, if you and I are still tied at 21 because we have the same number of cards, we go to the tie breaker. If I draw a Jack and you draw a Queen, you would win that round as Queen trumps Jack!

Mr.Dux, the card you received is a

Stxtics, the card you received is a

gemj, the card you received is a

This means that the winner of Round 2 for this comp is:

Round three cards get sent out tonight. You'll have 18 hours to reply to them, just like last time.
  • Ashley766, Fresh Cookies, Stxtics
Round three cards have been sent! You have 18 hours to reply.