Deleted all YT vids
This new regulation stuff, I don't wanna deal with it

I downloaded all PR2 vids and JV games vids (and a few others) though
á
whats the new regulation?
(20th November 2019, 5:41 PM)FlashRock Wrote: whats the new regulation?

That "Made for Kids" stuff
plus I'd rather not have old vids getting 1 view a month if that'd be a liability
á
(20th November 2019, 5:46 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: That "Made for Kids" stuff

can you elaborate?
(20th November 2019, 6:29 PM)David Wrote: can you elaborate?

á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
Regurgitated from Acid Forums:

Youtube was found to be in violation of the United States' Children's Online Policy Act (COPPA) by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). For context this is the same law that was enforced on JV (and is on JV2) that did not allow children under thirteen to register and be registered on the site without their parents permission. If someone said they were under thirteen (even as a joke), they would get banned until their thirteenth birthday.

Youtube cannot have collect data and target ads for children under thirteen. This causes content creators specializing in videos for younger people to lose revenue because targeted ads bring more revenue than general ads. There are also other restrictions on videos aimed at children. Creators have to specifically mark if one of their videos is aimed at children. If they do not do this and the FTC deems them in violation, the FTC will give them a fine of (so far seeing) $42,350 per video in violation.

There is also the issue of what constitutes "videos aimed at children" and content creators are worrying about if they will get affected (for example, gaming channels) (I think Camer is falling under this instant since Youtube can likely say PR2 videos are aimed at children).

Here is an article on this and a video from Youtube describing how content creators must comply:
https://nerdist.com/article/youtube-ftc-...emonetize/
[Image: 6a00d8341c145e53ef011570b037d5970c-pi]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uptight 534 For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon, gemj
(20th November 2019, 10:19 PM)Uptight 534 Wrote: Regurgitated from Acid Forums:

Youtube was found to be in violation of the United States' Children's Online Policy Act (COPPA) by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). For context this is the same law that was enforced on JV (and is on JV2) that did not allow children under thirteen to register and be registered on the site without their parents permission. If someone said they were under thirteen (even as a joke), they would get banned until their thirteenth birthday.

Youtube cannot have collect data and target ads for children under thirteen. This causes content creators specializing in videos for younger people to lose revenue because targeted ads bring more revenue than general ads. There are also other restrictions on videos aimed at children. Creators have to specifically mark if one of their videos is aimed at children. If they do not do this and the FTC deems them in violation, the FTC will give them a fine of (so far seeing) $42,350 per video in violation.

There is also the issue of what constitutes "videos aimed at children" and content creators are worrying about if they will get affected (for example, gaming channels) (I think Camer is falling under this instant since Youtube can likely say PR2 videos are aimed at children).

Here is an article on this and a video from Youtube describing how content creators must comply:
https://nerdist.com/article/youtube-ftc-...emonetize/

On the brightside, if that is true, Jake Paul goes out of business (if it's the guy I connect with the name).
[Image: LLwQFov.png]
Honestly the SAR videos were the big problem (although PR2 a bit too with lasers and swords), so I just decided safest is remove all the vids from YT. I have them if I ever wanted to reupload them.
á
Why cant you mark them “for kids”?
(21st November 2019, 11:09 AM)platform guy Wrote: Why cant you mark them “for kids”?

It's too confusing and annoying to deal with
I'd rather not

also if YT is gonna be like this may as well not have vids on their platform
á
  • gemj
I marked my PR3 vids not for kids, although I guess thats a bit more clear cut considering the chat gets quite interesting during a tournament
i failed the mario twitter challenge
(21st November 2019, 9:42 PM)ThePizzaEater1000 Wrote: I marked my PR3 vids not for kids, although I guess thats a bit more clear cut considering the chat gets quite interesting during a tournament
LOL I bet
[Image: LLwQFov.png]
(21st November 2019, 10:00 PM)Lego-man945 Wrote: LOL I bet
Ye I remember at least one video mentions redacted, which isn't usually something you think of when you think "kids video"
i failed the mario twitter challenge
(21st November 2019, 10:13 PM)ThePizzaEater1000 Wrote: Ye I remember at least one video mentions redacted, which isn't usually something you think of when you think "kids video"

I don't think I want to know what redacted is
(21st November 2019, 9:42 PM)ThePizzaEater1000 Wrote: I marked my PR3 vids not for kids, although I guess thats a bit more clear cut considering the chat gets quite interesting during a tournament

The problem is a lot of this stuff is done with bots
they might see PR3 and go "kids game" and mark as such and get mad that you didn't
á
(22nd November 2019, 10:48 PM)ThePizzaEater1000 Wrote: quote removed

I hate you
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gemj For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Camer the Dragon, Lego-man945
Poor Jiggmin I hope his TEXT TOOL video doesn't get deleted
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Chma For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon
(14th December 2019, 12:27 PM)Chma Wrote: Poor Jiggmin I hope his TEXT TOOL video doesn't get deleted

omg I'd be so sad if any Jigg video went, they're all classics
á
  • Chma
is it possible to use web archive to look at youtube videos that have been deleted?
[Image: sigimage.php?u=714605&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC][Image: sigimage.php?u=735689&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC]
You can use any youtube to mp4 service to save them

Does anyone know where to find jiggmin’s pr2 streams? I remember one moment where he was talking while on the campaign tab and everyone was filling in every level slot just to be in the video