Rewrite of the art system
The art system in platform racing 2 is so outdated and has so many issues with it, I think it's time where it got a rewrite or improvement.

Yeah it would break older levels with art, but to avoid this you can just add a "legacy art system" tag to levels before the update and the game would process them as if the system didn't get updated.

and levels that were made with the older system wouldn't be able to upgrade but if the level creator wanted to add more art they it would let them use the older system to avoid breaking it.

Some of the issues/suggestions for the art is:

not able to zoom in far enough without using the flash option to. 

Size 1 brush is just pure awful to use. (too much anti aliasing on it, so it just blurs the pixels)

Brush offset (https://jiggmin2.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=2384

anti aliasing toggle on brush/eraser (nice to have, to have sharp edges)

the option to view blocks in art 0 and art 00 tabs (nice to see if you're going over the blocks' edges)
[Image: dDh1Lkq.png]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ajayci 100 For This Useful Post:
  • gemj, Mia, Northadox
I always thought it could use more backgrounds. It's been 12 years, and there's only 7 backgrounds.
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mia For This Useful Post:
  • Ajayci 100, gemj
if a "new art" mode is allowed I suggest this for it also:
https://jiggmin2.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1897

the art colour on layer 1 is 90% opacity, i.e. 10% transparent for some reason
so making it 100% opaque (0% transparent) would be cool
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • Ajayci 100
(28th June 2020, 7:21 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: if a "new art" mode is allowed I suggest this for it also:
https://jiggmin2.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1897

the art colour on layer 1 is 90% opacity, i.e. 10% transparent for some reason
so making it 100% opaque (0% transparent) would be cool
That is the #1 reason why I made this, but I thought of way more of these little things about the art
[Image: dDh1Lkq.png]
(28th June 2020, 6:52 PM)Mystery Wrote: I always thought it could use more backgrounds. It's been 12 years, and there's only 7 backgrounds.
What kind of new backgrounds would you guys want to have?
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to John m. For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
(28th June 2020, 6:52 PM)Mystery Wrote: I always thought it could use more backgrounds. It's been 12 years, and there's only 7 backgrounds.

(28th June 2020, 7:27 PM)platform guy Wrote: What kind of new backgrounds would you guys want to have?

We don't even NEED new backgrounds! What we need is a background art layer that lets you draw your own background that stays constant throughout the level rather than you needing to draw some huge canvas across your entire level.
[Image: aGf8Xvh.png]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Northadox For This Useful Post:
  • Ajayci 100, Camer the Dragon
(28th June 2020, 9:19 PM)Northadox Wrote: We don't even NEED new backgrounds! What we need is a background art layer that lets you draw your own background that stays constant throughout the level rather than you needing to draw some huge canvas across your entire level.

Yeah, PR3 has this and it's great (although the menus get in the way so you have to do it on layer 1 and switch to bg layer which is annoying imo)
if we had bg layer on PR2 have it so when you are drawing the UI disappears or goes transparent quite a bit
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • Ajayci 100
(28th June 2020, 9:51 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: Yeah, PR3 has this and it's great (although the menus get in the way so you have to do it on layer 1 and switch to bg layer which is annoying imo)
if we had bg layer on PR2 have it so when you are drawing the UI disappears or goes transparent quite a bit
RMX added the ability to hide the menus with a shortcut, one for the left side and one for the right, so the menus getting in the way is no longer an issue. Probably still better to draw in layer one though, since you can zoom in on anywhere for the background you want to draw.
i failed the mario twitter challenge
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to ThePizzaEater1000 For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon