Unsafe block, and a few other ideas.
(7th January 2021, 7:22 AM)Mystery Wrote: 1. Is that just a net block, or am I confusing it?

When you hit a net, you are sent back to your last SAFE block, i.e. any block that cannot be MOVED, DESTROYED or ALTERED

This means that when a creator is making a whole section of blocks that are not meant to be considered SAFE, they will have to rely on unstable blocks such as brick, vanish, push and crumble blocks (or move blocks if you're wacky).

They all have their limits though:
- Bricks are easily breakable with items and from under
- Vanish blocks are usually fine in difficult levels (frusts for example), but in a common race, the short window of time they allow is not often ideal
- Push blocks need to be surrounded by other blocks to act as a solid platform, and come with major multiplayer issues
- Crumbles do not provide many passages before breaking

What Overbeing is suggesting here is a common idea that has appeared over the years, but it basically is a Basic Block 5 (pun intended I guess), except that is counts as an UNSAFE block. If you were to touch a net, you would not be sent back to that block.

Just a normal block with no gimmick for those situations.
If you're reading this, it means I have not made a cool signature yet and you should be proud of yourself.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TRUC For This Useful Post:
  • Mia, Overbeing

Messages In This Thread
Unsafe block, and a few other ideas. - by Overbeing - 7th January 2021, 4:39 AM
RE: Unsafe block, and a few other ideas. - by Mia - 7th January 2021, 7:22 AM
RE: Unsafe block, and a few other ideas. - by TRUC - 7th January 2021, 8:31 AM
RE: Unsafe block, and a few other ideas. - by bls1999 - 12th March 2023, 11:29 PM