Some days I wonder...
The Internet is a big place, and most of the time our interactions with other users are very short lived, ranging from a few minutes on a single round of an online game, to a few seconds on a comment section. You will very rarely remember most people from those type of exchange, as you don't get any time to develop a semblance of a bond whatsoever.

Sometimes though, you'll end up on forums, games you'll spend more time with the same people, or other places like JV, where you'll continuously stumble upon the same folks for days, weeks, months, even years... no wonder why the connection is bigger, even if no one ever realises that. It never hits until time flows, and some have moved on to different things, not always with context for their fellow community members.

As we all go our separate ways, after a while, I imagine that is when we will randomly get this feeling of nostalgia at some point. Where are they now, what have they been doing, are they alright, do they even remember this or that ? All legitimate questions, and they do apply to pretty much anyone you can remember after all those years have passed by. I guess it's the same for some elementary or high school peeps that you never really think about. Maybe it's the same for some objects or places you used to go or own, but when you part from inanimate objects like that, there is no sense of continuity for them, while in the meantime people go on with lif... at least we hope.

Anyway, chances are you will never see or hear from them again, whether it is on the Internet or in person, but the link between you still exists, and once in a while your brain will lead you into thinking about it. Nostalgia and wonder go pretty well together during such moments. Every now and then it's good to at least remember what used to be, and what the good times were like. We can only wish for the best to all the people we lost track of along the path.
If you're reading this, it means I have not made a cool signature yet and you should be proud of yourself.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TRUC For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley00, Kursed, Rank

Messages In This Thread
Some days I wonder... - by Kursed - 17th June 2021, 1:12 AM
RE: Some days I wonder... - by Mia - 17th June 2021, 1:55 AM
RE: Some days I wonder... - by TRUC - 17th June 2021, 1:10 PM
RE: Some days I wonder... - by Uptight 534 - 17th June 2021, 5:05 PM
RE: Some days I wonder... - by Resarekt - 17th June 2021, 6:25 PM
RE: Some days I wonder... - by Matt - 17th February 2022, 10:13 PM