Jiggmin's Village
PR2 v167: Colorful Following - Printable Version

+- Jiggmin's Village (https://jiggmin2.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Mt. Olympus (https://jiggmin2.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://jiggmin2.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: PR2 v167: Colorful Following (/showthread.php?tid=3822)

PR2 v167: Colorful Following - bls1999 - 21st March 2022

PR2 v167: Colorful Following

This update contains adds some new features and quality of life changes, as well as some bug fixes and optimizations.

Changes/Additions
- A slight tweak to the welcome message is now shown in main chat. It says "Type /help for a list of commands." Thanks for the suggestion, @Shane1334!
- New moderation option! Moderators now have the option to "restrict" levels. This prevents them from being shown on pages other than Search and Favorites.
- Today's Best is now Week's Best. This will allow for more levels to be featured. Thanks for the suggestion, @Eternal!
- Loadout previews! Before a loadout is loaded from a number shortcut, the game will prompt you to confirm that is indeed the loadout you'd like to load. Thanks for the suggestion, @AlphaZ!
- User following! You can now "follow" a player, meaning you'll receive a notification whenever they publish or update a level. Thanks for the suggestion, @Northadox!
- Colored player dots! Players are now represented on the mini-map by 4 different colors. You can also mouse over a dot on the mini-map to see which player it tracks. Thanks for the suggestion, @"Mystery"!

Fixes
- Using and unusing rank tokens now affects your stats properly. Thanks for the report, @Benedani!
- The start blocks are here to stay! Hopefully there won't be any more issues with start blocks vanishing when doing some crazy undo/redo magic. Thanks for the report, @TRUC!
- Plus and minus symbols are no longer removed by the text tool. + / - to your heart's content... unless you're going to put calculus into PR2. Thanks for the report, @ThePizzaEater1000!
- Testing a level set to eggs mode with no blocks no longer crashes the game. Yeah... this was a weird one. Thanks for the report, @Camer the Dragon!
- The level editor now only displays the brush when intended. Another weird one. Thanks for the report, @Camer the Dragon!
- The mini-map now displays correctly under all circumstances. Yet another weird one! Thanks for the report, @Camer the Dragon!
- Further detection of impending crashes has been added. In an effort to stave off crashes from intense level loading before they occur, there is a new error that will be thrown only under the most extreme of circumstances.

Technical Changes
- Rate limiting on level deletion should now work as intended. Thanks for the report, @Camer the Dragon!

ICYMI
(In case you missed it)
- The servers will no longer show "down" for a minute after restarting. This comes with a bunch of other stability improvements to some backend scripts.
- More server info is now available! Each individual server will now list the hour a happy hour will occur and the uptime in the server status file.
- The Vault of Magics works again! Thanks to @AntEverything for helping me debug this.

Here's the Motley Monday video for this update!

RE: PR2 v167: Colorful Following - Camer the Dragon - 21st March 2022

RIP Softlock%
Joking aside, very cool update!

RE: PR2 v167: Colorful Following - Different - 22nd March 2022

You can have that Calculus BS. I hated taking math! The highest level I took was Statistics and that's it.

RE: PR2 v167: Colorful Following - bls1999 - 22nd March 2022

(22nd March 2022, 10:41 AM)Different Wrote: You can have that Calculus BS. I hated taking math! The highest level I took was Statistics and that's it.

I knew it was an integral equation between 0 and pi/4 which required chain, that division rule (I don't remember the name of it), trig identities, and [I believe] L'hôpital's rule to complete. I didn't feel like getting out my notes from last semester. I did get an A- in calculus but I'm not trying to relive the trauma! 🤪

(22nd March 2022, 12:55 PM)bls1999 Wrote: I knew it was an integral equation between 0 and pi/4 which required chain, that division rule (I don't remember the name of it), trig identities, and [I believe] L'hôpital's rule to complete. I didn't feel like getting out my notes from last semester. I did get an A- in calculus but I'm not trying to relive the trauma! 🤪

Lmfao! Right?! I'd use a calculator to avoid that nonsense. Whenever you have to recall that info in your head, it can take a while, depending on how you feel about math. A-? You did a lot better than I did; I got a C- lol

RE: PR2 v167: Colorful Following - bls1999 - 22nd March 2022

(22nd March 2022, 1:53 PM)Different Wrote: Lmfao! Right?! I'd use a calculator to avoid that nonsense. Whenever you have to recall that info in your head, it can take a while, depending on how you feel about math. A-? You did a lot better than I did; I got a C- lol

It was last semester! There was a pretty generous curve which was nice. I definitely did not feel like I earned the A- but hey -- not gonna look a gift horse in the mouth.

(22nd March 2022, 3:07 PM)bls1999 Wrote: It was last semester! There was a pretty generous curve which was nice. I definitely did not feel like I earned the A- but hey -- not gonna look a gift horse in the mouth.

Should have pulled that calculator out, bro lol. The only time you should feel like you didn't earn a grade is if you cheated. Other than that, the nightmare's over & you conquered the beast. Let's just hope you don't have to see this stuff in your career 👀