Infinite Craft Sat, 20:36 Camer the Dragon Video Games
Super Animal Royale Sat, 20:11 Camer the Dragon Video Games
Post Picture of Yourself Sat, 15:31 David Village Games
Precision Level Videos. help ne... Thu, 20:32 EpicMidget Platform Racing 2
The Jiggmin Dog Archive Thu, 1:54 EpicMidget Discussion Hall
Platform Racing 4 (Screenshots) Wed, 16:43 Different Video Games
Let's get this thread to a mill... Mon, 7:51 Mia Village Games

Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 1,777
» Latest member: Charlesmen
» Forum threads: 4,040
» Forum posts: 83,420

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 743 online users.
» 6 Member(s) | 733 Guest(s)
Applebot, Bing, Google, Yandex, bls1999, Dangevin, David, EpicMidget, Jeremiah

Latest Threads
Would you buy PR2 & JV me...
Forum: Discussion Hall
Last Post: David
1 minute ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
JV and Games Community Fe...
Last Post: EpicMidget
14 minutes ago
» Replies: 12
» Views: 565
Could it be?
Forum: Blogs
Last Post: Adulock77
2 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 87
Level of the Week! (PR2)
Forum: Platform Racing 2
Last Post: Overbeing
3 hours ago
» Replies: 432
» Views: 137,233
Folding for people
Forum: Folding at Home
Last Post: Mia
Yesterday, 6:33 PM
» Replies: 27
» Views: 1,979
Word of the Week #3
Last Post: SebastianPolak12
Yesterday, 4:02 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 42
CotM Round 64
Last Post: Eternal
Yesterday, 7:34 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 209
VOTING: CotM Round 64
Last Post: Eternal
Yesterday, 7:34 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 22
i am also alive
Last Post: Ashley766
26th April 2024, 9:43 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 283
Brought back my old video...
Last Post: SebastianPolak12
26th April 2024, 3:31 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 74

Copypastas
Posted by: bls1999 - 31st August 2018, 11:13 AM - Forum: Village Games - Replies (5)

Post your favorite copypastas here!

Print this item

Free game
Posted by: Stxtics - 30th August 2018, 2:36 PM - Forum: Blogs - No Replies

Game is Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine go here to get it.

Print this item

Lightbulb Repurpose Moon Hat
Posted by: bart172 - 30th August 2018, 11:44 AM - Forum: PR2 Suggestions - Replies (7)

Quote:Lego-Man945 in his Hats and Parts guide! wrote:

[Image: DmSxsT1.jpg]

To get this hat you must beat Redemption by Cooldude90!
This hat has no technical use in PR2!

This hat was once used to link PR2 and Jigg's last project, Luna.
But now that Luna is pretty much ancient history, why don't we repurpose the Moon Hat to something more useful for PR2?
Here are a few ideas:
  • Changes gravity to levels with normal gravity (1.0) to Moon gravity (.16)
  • Makes super-jump go higher
What do you think?

Print this item

consciousness
Posted by: ff - 28th August 2018, 5:59 PM - Forum: Blogs - Replies (1)

EDIT: I now realize this entire thought process is a result of a complete misunderstanding at what "brain death" means. If you are brain dead, then the part of your brain that defines who you are as a person is gone.  basically i'm dumb and thought that there isn't just a "part of the brain" that represents your consciousness. i mean its not that simple but i don't know anything about it so i'll leave it at i'm dumb

TL;DR - Cloning is now possible. You are cloned. Do you see through both your current body's point of view, and your clone's point of view? Probably not, right? Your clone would be "you", but some other consciousness/point of view would be controlling it.

Say something happened to your brain (like dying/going brain-dead, but through some circumstances you're brought back to life) that caused your "point of view" to stop existing. Your brain and body continue to exist normally. Nobody else would notice anything different, and would believe without question it is 100% you. 

But it really wouldn't be you per say. Instead  it would be some other point of view controlling your body (like a clone)? Then... what? I don't know what's supposed to follow that question, I was just thinking and wanted to share I guess.

(end of TL;DR) (edits were for the TL;DR, making grammar easier to read)

My dog found a dead rabbit </3 in my backyard right before I was going to take a shower, and it got me all sad. Then in the shower you just start thinking (showerthoughts Rolleyes ), and with death on my mind it led to this.

note that this assuming there is no god, since otherwise you'd assume the consciousness I'm referring to is your soul, something preserved beyond death.

Death is freaking scary. You're just gone, no thoughts or anything. It's impossible for me to imagine, because even with 0 senses (no sight, hearing, feeling, taste, smell etc), I'd still have thoughts going on in my head. But when you're dead, you wouldn't have awareness of anything, time and the like. I used to think, wow, for eternity I'm just going to see nothingness when I am dead... But no, I wouldn't exist so I wouldn't be able to grasp that time is passing.

So then I started thinking, what if at some point somehow in the future after I'm dead, for whatever reason my brain had somehow been preserved and I'm successfully brought back to life. I don't have grasp of time while dead, so wouldn't I just immediately wake up after being dead?

Then, would my current self be aware of it? Would it even be me? You know what, it doesn't even have to be after millions of years. Say after an accident I'm braindead for maybe 2 seconds. What if something happens to my brain and when my brain and body wake up, my consciousness that exists now typing this is gone and something else is there?

Right now I'm typing and I know I'm the same person as every other day because it is still in my point of view. I am conscious, not just my brain and body but I myself am here. But then am I just my brain? What in my brain makes me me? What if something happened to my brain such that my brain and body continue to exist normally, but its not "me" anymore, and the part of me that exists typing this right now is gone? I look at everyone else and they are like me, people with a brain and body and their own consciousness controlling themselves. They are seeing things in their own point of view just like I am.

What if after some accident, my own point of view is gone, and my brain and body has some new person exactly like me with my thoughts and memories - they themselves wouldn't be aware that they are different, but my current self is gone.

Basically, the same idea with cloning. A clone of myself wouldn't be me, right? I would be in my body, and my clone would be me, but not in my point of view. 

I think that should make it more clear what my rambling is about here. If I were dead for millions of years and brought back to life, to everyone else that "being" brought back would be me, but I myself might not actually "be" there. It'd basically be a clone of myself I guess.

It is impossible to know, isn't it.

My goal during this thought process, I guess, was to try and reason with myself about death and whether or not it should be something to be afraid of. I think I shouldn't be. It would suck, yes, but after it happens I just don't exist anymore. If I am brought back to life for whatever reason, then fine, I'll be awake again immediately maybe? Whether that happens or not, while dead I wouldn't be aware of it anyway, and then there's the whole conflict on whether or not my current consciousness/point of view would be there or if it'd be someone else, like a clone.

With that being said death is still damn scary.

I wasn't sure if I should put this in the discussion hall or not but I figure death is too depressing and I already wrote a whole freakin essay about it (meaning this post >_<), it'd be kind of hard to add anything I imagine. Discussion would be like "I agree/disagree" or "I don't know" or "What are you going on about" or "get help you looney".

Print this item

Hello back
Posted by: bart172 - 28th August 2018, 12:16 PM - Forum: Welcoming Gates - Replies (2)

Hey everyone!
It's so nice to get back here!
I joined JV1 back in 2012 and kept being super duper active until the site was closed.
I've used many usernames: bart172, elbarto172, DforDerpdetta (which has a funny story related to it: I changed to it as soon as VforVendetta quitted JV, in order to mock/honor him in some way Big Grin; I still use it as my Steam username!)

Anyways, it's nice to be back being a part of this family Big Grin

Print this item

hi
Posted by: ff - 26th August 2018, 4:58 AM - Forum: Welcoming Gates - Replies (5)

So I was watching a hearthstone streamer, and I looked at their opponent's name and it was "Grimmjow". That made me think, huh, why is that name familiar. So I googled it and found nothing (character from Bleach but I haven't watched that). 

Then I thought, huh, maybe it's a username of one of the Campaign map makers on PR2, or maybe the All-Time page or something. (I think I mistook it for zzirgrizz because of the letter G). So I searched Grimmjow PR2 and found nothing.

At that point I gave up and got sidetracked because I was reminded of JV once again. So I checked to see if there was any news on the freegoose forum (either platform racing related or old forum related), as per my biannual nostalgia trip. When typing Jiggmin I saw Jiggmin2 and my curiosity peaked and now I'm here.

My aliases from then to now (major ones at least. I can't think of what else I've used though):

• Mrjt97
  • MyNamesNotJustin
  • NotJustin /INotJustin
  • FF
  • Effeff
I'm 20 now, I was first active on the forum when I was probably around 11 or 12 some age 13+ definitely. Then stayed active for probably around 2-3 years after that, although over time I would take month-long breaks or do something stupid like getting banned on purpose for attention, and at some point I realized I didn't actually know anyone on the forum anymore. Sheesh, that's a rough start for this welcome thread for myself.

Fondest memories (first to pop in my head is more accurate)  are the unofficial Xat JVchat room, OMGPop sessions, Village Games, playing PR2 (I think I played Hat Battles against people in the Kongregate chat rooms before even joining the forum).

I was very active on the forum and in Platform Racing 2, but I wasn't really anyone special - being naive I didn't think to continue any friendships I had there outside of the forum. I don't say that to draw pity or anything, it's just I'd be surprised if I'm familiar to anyone here.

Honestly my memory of people and things that happened on the forum are super blurred. Mostly bad things stuck with me because they seemed scary at the time, like when an admin on PR2's password got stolen by some guy and then the forum got pruned but then restored.

Oh I did really enjoy Conquest (?), it was a game on the forum where people could join one of three factions(?) and basically generate an army to battle people in other factions. That ended even while I was still active though. Oh but that reminds me of Publius, he was super involved in that game and I really respected him.

I do remember there existed a "History of JV" thing on the old forum, which I imagine is lost, but if by some chance it isn't lost it'd be really nice to read again. Oh well, I'll stop rambling about that past stuff.

After JV I played a lot of playstation (MyNamesNotJustin), then I eventually got a laptop and played a lot of Realm of the Mad God (INotJustin -> NotJustin), until I finally got a good computer and played an absolute ton of CS:GO, and Steam has been my home since. I mean, there has been a ton of stuff in between but it's not really worth turning this into my internet lifestory.

Haven't really been able to make friends over the internet since then though. No place has really felt like a homely community since JV. Came close with a community server I played on in CS:GO for awhile, but then that eventually died out.

So here I am, not really knowing why I'm here except for nostalgia's sake. 

If any of you actively play hearthstone I'd be glad to add and play with you though, none of my IRL buds are interested in it so I'm just stuck grinding ladder and arena and stuff without getting to do the fun part of playing with people I can interact with. My BattleID is Justeenie#11309

Oh and this is my steam if you want to stalk me: /id/NameNotJustin although I've only got people I know IRL on my friends list atm because like I said, hard to make friends over the internet and I feel it just gets harder as I get older.

Print this item

Pr2 graphics
Posted by: Jiggmin - 25th August 2018, 10:47 PM - Forum: Platform Racing 2 - Replies (6)

Does anyone have the exported graphics from pr2 handy? I'm looking for the stamps and the level backgrounds in a vector format. I started to download a decompiler, but then I figured someone has probably done all of this already.  Fred

Print this item

You Decide: Favicon
Posted by: bls1999 - 22nd August 2018, 4:14 AM - Forum: Bugs and Suggestions - Replies (7)

I've been thinking a bit about changing the icon you get on your browser tabs.

Right now it looks like this: [Image: favicon.ico]

@Zelante submitted a new mobile icon a while ago, and it looks like this: [Image: apple-touch-icon.png]

I never changed the favicon for the site because I didn't feel a need to do so. In my mind, there was a need for a mobile icon because we didn't have one at the time.

What do you guys think? Should we keep the icon we have or use @Zelante's icon? I'm pretty neutral, so I figured instead of making an arbitrary decision on my own, I might as well open it to what you guys want.

I'll close this in about a week, or once I get a feel for what most people are thinking (whichever comes last).

Print this item

hello jiggmin2
Posted by: DWZ - 20th August 2018, 11:33 AM - Forum: Welcoming Gates - Replies (5)

how goes it

Print this item

Abuse the font size & font color
Posted by: fliker2 - 19th August 2018, 2:30 AM - Forum: Village Games - Replies (21)

self-explanitory

an example of how you should do this

Print this item