Word of the Week #2 Mon, 9:11 SebastianPolak12 Discussion Hall
Trial and Error v2! Mon, 1:57 Dangevin Platform Racing 2
[Evenizer]  Add New PR2 Songs Sun, 21:30 Camer the Dragon Jiggmin Games
Old Beta Videos Found Sun, 10:01 SebastianPolak12 Platform Racing 2
Infinite Craft Sat, 20:36 Camer the Dragon Video Games
Super Animal Royale Sat, 20:11 Camer the Dragon Video Games
Post Picture of Yourself Sat, 15:31 David Village Games

Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 1,778
» Latest member: Kuzumii
» Forum threads: 4,044
» Forum posts: 83,475

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 280 online users.
» 2 Member(s) | 275 Guest(s)
Bing, Google, Yandex, David, Jeremiah

Latest Threads
Count to 500 before a mod...
Forum: Village Games
Last Post: Mia
2 hours ago
» Replies: 5,514
» Views: 1,871,365
🚩GEN Z WORKERS 🚩
Forum: Discussion Hall
Last Post: LCPD
2 hours ago
» Replies: 4
» Views: 143
Level of the Week! (PR2)
Forum: Platform Racing 2
Last Post: Dangevin
Yesterday, 9:33 PM
» Replies: 433
» Views: 139,552
Could it be?
Forum: Blogs
Last Post: Camer the Dragon
Yesterday, 6:45 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 218
Pr2- A1 Ranks+ Prediction
Yesterday, 6:45 AM
» Replies: 101
» Views: 51,561
Rank 50+ List
Yesterday, 6:42 AM
» Replies: 964
» Views: 541,190
Platform Racing 4 (Screen...
Forum: Video Games
Last Post: ~JBG~
29th April 2024, 6:18 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 372
Would you buy PR2 & JV me...
29th April 2024, 6:14 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 235
JV and Games Community Fe...
Last Post: Camer the Dragon
28th April 2024, 8:01 PM
» Replies: 13
» Views: 765
Folding for people
Forum: Folding at Home
27th April 2024, 6:33 PM
» Replies: 27
» Views: 2,042

This section
Posted by: bls1999 - 25th November 2017, 3:10 AM - Forum: Bugs and Suggestions - No Replies

Welcome to this section! Here, you can report bugs and suggest site features. Please include one of the specified thread prefixes in your OP to ensure it's handled correctly.

Of course, please report any security issues you find. If you find a serious vulnerability, report it via Contact a Mod.

Print this item

PR2Reports Account
Posted by: bls1999 - 18th November 2017, 3:13 AM - Forum: Platform Racing 2 - Replies (11)

This is now obsolete. Please use Ask a Mod to report inappropriate things without an in-game report function. Thanks! Smile

You may have noticed a new face on the PR2 Staff Team. Meet PR2Reports!

[Image: pB7rDaa.png]

This gentleman will be needing your help rounding up all of the inappropriate usernames, levels and guilds on PR2.

To report an inappropriate username, send PR2Reports a PM with this body:

Username: Inappropriate Name Here
Comments: Any supporting comments, like chat behavior, etc

To report an inappropriate level, send PR2Reports a PM with this body:

Level Name: Level Name Here
Creator Name: Level Creator’s Username Here
Comments: What’s inappropriate in this level?

To report an inappropriate guild or guild prose, send PR2Reports a PM with this body:
Guild Name or ID: Guild Name/ID Here
Comments: What’s inappropriate in this guild?

Together, we can keep PR2 clean, fun, and enjoyable for all! Big Grin

Print this item

Standards for Contests with Prizes
Posted by: bls1999 - 16th November 2017, 3:11 AM - Forum: Platform Racing 2 - Replies (19)

Contests are fun ways for members of the community to promote fun, the growth of this site, and PR2!  Of course, we only want to approve contests that we deem to be functional and fair.  With that in mind, the staff would like to provide you with an insight into the standards we hold for contests run by members.

Please note that it's not necessary for you to have exactly what is listed here to have to be approved, these are just some general guidelines. For instance, if you come to us with a different setup that doesn't require some of these things but is still functional and fair, it can still gain our approval.  All of the guidelines (not rules) are subject to change, so please don't expect it to be strictly limited to what is posted here when trying to create your contest.

Another thing to keep in mind is that users are not allowed to offer up prizes that they themselves have earned through other contests as rewards for their own contests. All prizes must be approved by the staff team (apart from prizes that don't require staff intervention, such as folding prizes).

Guidelines

The duration of which the contest has been running: 2-3 weeks.
A contest should have to be running for this set amount of time before we will consider it for approval. The reason for this is that we want to make sure that the competition is being run smoothly and fairly, as well as making sure it's fun and beneficial to the community in some form. Again, this is easily subject to change depending on whatever factors happen to come into play, but a bit of your own discretion and common sense is required for when you believe it's suitable for approval.

Amount of judges (and how they're selected):
We want to have an appropriate amount of judges (excluding the host) for a contest. We will also be assessing how the judges are chosen. We don't want it as a "volunteer and get the job without question" type of thing.

Popularity:
This one is somewhat unmeasurable, but it's not difficult to notice if a majority of people aren't happy with how the contest is being run, or if the contest isn't receiving many participants for whatever reason.

Contest Layout:
We would like a very clear thread about how the contest is run, what it's about, how it goes, etc. We won't be approving poorly written stuff (and this is only to the extent where it's painfully unreadable). Of course proper grammar and spelling isn't too much of a fuss as long we can still understand what's going on clearly. We don't expect perfect English, just understandable English.

Owner Motivation & Status:
The host of the competition will have to be considered "active" and also be in the rank of Ultimate Member. As well as that, we don't want a host who only made the competition to be able to be granted some power, since that shows a bit of corruption in how the competition will be run and lack of care/devotion to it. Trust me, we can notice these things. There's also a very important message about this which will be added soon towards the bottom of the guide.

No History of Cheating or Foul Play:
We want a completely clean contest that has no history of cheating or any corruption. Having a contest that is able to award prizes is a big responsibility, so we don't want to give approval to a contest with shoddy history.

Owner Conduct:
It is important that the hosts, before and after approval, display mature, respectful and unbiased behavior. It's also important to note that as they will be working very closely with the Mods in regards to their contest, they will have to abide by whatever we ask of them in regards to the contest, that is if they wish to keep their prizes. On this note, hosts are not allowed to give any additional prizes away apart from to winners of their contests without staff approval.

Rules and Tips
  • It will take 3 staff members (at least 1 of which being an admin) to approve a contest before it can be accepted as a contest offering official prizes. However, it only takes 1 negative vote from an admin or 2 negative votes from mods to disapprove it.

• We will at some point, have to cut down on how many competitions we can approve at a certain time. Simply because we will have to monitor all of them to make sure they're continuing to be run fairly. With that, we can only have as many contests as is manageable by the mods.

• To start the contest review process, please post a thread in the Ask a Mod section with [PRIZE REQUEST] in the title. We will only be giving our responses there.

• If a contest wants to allow their staff to compete and win, they need to have this approved by the Staff first in addition to their hosting approval.

• The person who runs the contest is a big part of what we use to decide if we want it as an official contest for the game and site. So really, both the contest and the owner are judged, not just the contest.  If someone is rude, impolite and a general jerk, and yet has a great contest, we'll still deny it.  The owners are representatives of the site, and they are given a large amount of power, so we don't want people who are jerks to really be in that position (since it would make the game and site look bad, along with making the community unhappy).

Disciplinary Actions

We have a 3 strike system for contests. This is in case the host happens to act rude or use their contest as an, "I'm better than you" card. This can also apply to any forms of cheating or bias that comes to our attention, as well as power abuse.

Strikes won't necessarily be warranted for minor offenses, but anything that directly makes the competition, game, or forum look bad.  The number of strikes received at any given time will be decided amongst the staff and will not be the same in every case. Some people may receive more or less, depending on the situation.

Please remember that hosts are representatives of the community, and not to mention, 1 banned host is 1 less contest. We want to avoid inactive contests, as well as rude or insubordinate conduct from hosts.  This has been discussed with Jiggmin, and he has agreed completely. So please, we ask that you all wear your best attitude when being a role model for our community.

As always, not everything can be covered by a guide. There may be incidents in which it would be appropriate to create a rule after we discover a problem, which may lead to disciplinary action without warning. This is why we ask that if a host is in doubt about taking a certain action, they immediately take their concern to Ask a Mod before doing anything themselves. The staff team is always willing to help and clarify things, so please use us as much as necessary to avoid issues.

I hope this was helpful, and that using this you guys can also work to create awesome contests. Good luck to everyone!

This thread was recovered from a web.archive.org link. It was originally posted by inuyasharox on JV. I have updated the thread and posted it here for prospective new contest owners to reference.

Print this item

Appropriate Content Reminder
Posted by: Nemo Nation - 15th November 2017, 9:24 PM - Forum: Multimedia Masterpieces - No Replies

Lots of different types of media can include references to things that are inappropriate for JV.  These can include (but are not limited to) swear words, violence, and racism.

Before posting, please make sure your content adheres to the village rules.

Print this item

Post your PC Specs
Posted by: Stxtics - 15th November 2017, 2:28 PM - Forum: Hardware and Machines - Replies (46)

Post your PC specs here, CPU, GPU, etc...

Here are mine:

[Image: MqAAm1g.png]

To get these I used this program: click here for program but there are other ways to get your PC specs.

Print this item

Prizes!
Posted by: bls1999 - 15th November 2017, 2:05 AM - Forum: Folding at Home - Replies (19)

Folding@Home prizes!
[Image: o4BR14w.png]
1 Point - +1 rank token
500 Points - +1 rank token
1,000 Points - +1 rank token
5,000 Points - Crown Hat
100,000 Points - Cowboy Hat
500,000 Points - Epic Crown Hat
1,000,000 Points - +1 rank token
5,000,000 Points - Epic Cowboy Hat
10,000,000 Points - +1 rank token
25,000,000 Points - +1 rank token
50,000,000 Points - +1 rank token
100,000,000 Points - +1 rank token

Points can be checked here.

A specific WU's credit (or points) can be checked here.

Many people confuse points with their WU (Work Unit) progress. When you hover over Folding@Home and see xx/xx this is the progress on your WU, and WUs make points (the ones that get you these nifty prizes).

Print this item

Simple Install Guide
Posted by: bls1999 - 15th November 2017, 1:51 AM - Forum: Folding at Home - No Replies

Want to cure diseases and take over the world at the same time? Double win! Here's how to install Folding@Home.

Point your browser to Folding@Home's start page, and download the version that appears on the page (it should auto-detect your operating system).

Before installing, make sure you have admin permissions on your computer.  If you don't, you'll want to get your computer's administrator nearby since Folding@Home requires admin permissions to be installed.

Open the installer you just downloaded and click next.
[Image: 9varxQe.png]

I probably agree!
[Image: 3POdsGz.png]

Choose Express Install.
[Image: 4BHxvuA.png]

Fill in the fields as follows:
  • Put whatever username you want (typically your PR2 username) in the Donor field.
  • Set your team number to 143016. (That's our team!)
  • You can get a passkey by pointing your browser to https://apps.foldingathome.org/passkey/create.  You don't need to use a passkey, but you can get way more points if you do!
  • Leave the Preferred Mode set to SMP. You can also change it to GPU if you know what you're doing.
[Image: UB2VFXR.png]

When you're finished, click install.  The program will do its thing, and after a while, click finish, yo. Congratulations! Folding@Home is now installed and running on your computer.
[Image: 1BUuzKt.png]

A window like this may appear. It shows you what Folding@Home is working on. You can just x out of this or minimize it. No worries, Folding@Home will keep running in the background.
[Image: bsOH75b.png]

If you ever want to check on a work unit's progress, double-click the Folding@Home icon in your system tray.  Note: work units are automatically cashed in for points when they're completed.
[Image: mFWCaKn.png]

Doubling-clicking the Folding@Home icon will bring up the window again, and then bake you some delicious brownies. For science.
[Image: gY1MwaM.png]

For a more advanced guide (including how to get more points), see AmbientFiction's Beta Client Install Guide.
For more resources, try the links listed on JV's old Folding@Home Directory.

Happy folding! Big Grin

Print this item

Stxtics' Guide to Folding
Posted by: Stxtics - 13th November 2017, 7:43 AM - Forum: Folding at Home - Replies (15)

When folding you have PPD (Points Per Day) which is roughly how many points you will get if you leave your PC on for 24 hours. Now there are two different ways of folding, there is the client, and there is nacl (on chrome). The client requires you to download a program and the nacl (aka chrome folding) can be done while you have chrome open. On chrome, you can only fold with CPU which is what I recommend for users who have a low-end computer. The client, however, allows you to fold with both CPU and GPU. The reason why I suggest folding with chrome for low-end PC users is that not all graphics cards can fold so you might as well use Chrome if you can't fold with your GPU. Chrome WUs (Work Units) give 42 points for each completed WU. The time it takes for a WU to complete is based on your CPU. On the client, however, time is not affected much by the CPU/GPU and it is more the points you will receive on the WU that are affected.

This Google spreadsheet contains most, if not all GPUs that are eligible to fold. F@H GPUs Stats
Note: Does not contain newer GPUs but they can fold so don't worry.

If your GPU is not on here/you don't know what GPU you have, I highly recommend using the chrome folding (nacl). That can be found here

All you need to do now is enter a username of the Platform Racing 2 account that you want to fold points for. Enter the Team Jiggmin team number which is 143016 and get a passkey if you wish. However a passkey does not affect your points on chrome. 
Note: If your PR2 name contains a space then replace it with an underscore. Also, certain symbols are not allowed, e.g. @.

Now if your GPU is on that Google spreadsheet then I recommend downloading the client. You can download it from here.

Once you have downloaded it an ran through the setup (choose express download not custom if your stuck at that part) it should open a tab in your browser. Once that tab opens you can click Change identity and put in the user of the account you want to fold, the Team Jiggmin team number (143016) and get a passkey which requires an email address (but just to send the passkey to). Then once you get the passkey, enter it and you're pretty much done. What the passkey does is it gives you bonus points, but you have to have completed 10 WUs to get the bonus points. For the client, you don't have to keep your browser open and there is another way to view your folding. At the bottom right of your screen by the time you should see a ^ icon. Click that then inside there you should see some apps and one of the logos should be the F@H logo. Right-click the F@H logo and go to advanced control. There you can see info and make sure your folding for the right username and team. Also what I prefer to do personally is right click the CPU folding and pause it so that I am only folding with my GPU (My GPU gets 300,000 PPD). 

Anyway, thanks for reading and feel free to ask any questions or message me on Discord: Stxtics#0001 for any further help and I will do my best to help you. 

Print this item

What is Team Jiggmin?
Posted by: Jiggmin - 13th November 2017, 2:36 AM - Forum: Folding at Home - Replies (14)

Team Jiggmin is our Folding@Home group, and we aim to rule the world! (Or cure cancer, but ruling the world would be neat.)

Folding@Home is a program that uses your computer's brainpower to figure out why some diseases occur. With that knowledge, we may be able to find cures. Click here for more info on what Folding@Home does.

Join our epic struggle! Download Folding@Home, and set your team number to 143016. All of the points you generate from then on will improve your position in Team Jiggmin. To see our official team page, click here.

Here's an install guide: https://jiggmin2.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=24

Once you have finished your first WU (work unit), you'll be able to prove your contribution to Team Jiggmin with a super nifty banner. Copy this code into your post or signature, and replace "your_folding_name" with your user name.

Code:
[team_banner]your_folding_name[/team_banner]

(Also, there are prizes!)
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Major update!

2024 Folding Guide

Thank you to @Stunt!

Print this item

A Guide for the Clueless Temporary Moderator
Posted by: bls1999 - 11th November 2017, 12:04 AM - Forum: Platform Racing 2 - No Replies

Have you ever been a temporary moderator and been unsure of what to do?  Have you questioned when it is justifiable to warn or not?  Here are some examples of common scenarios you might encounter as a temp mod.  After each example, I will either say "Don't Warn" or "Warn".

Swearing

When someone swears, you warn them, right? Not necessarily. Here are some examples of a few different scenarios, and whether or not the user should be given a warning.

Let "ruck" take the place of any common swear word.

Example 1:

LCPD: hi
Clairehof: Ruck you!
LCPD: aww thanks!

Warn - The user swore at another and it was not filtered.

Example 2:

e46m3: Hey
Clairehof: Ru ..... ck
e46m3: tisk tisk

Warn - Even if a swear word is spaced out, it is still a swear word.

Example 3:

LCPD: howdy
Clairehof: fooey!!
LCPD: ok

Don't Warn - The swear word is filtered, and it is not directed at another user.

Example 4:

Albatross: hey y'all
Clairehof: fooey you Dev52
Albatross: :[

Warn - The swear is filtered, but it is directed at another user.

Example 5:

ASilva93: yo
1python64: ruk
ASilva93: wut

Warn: Users should not evade the swear filter.

Example 6:

inuyasharox: fooey
inuyasharox: fingilly
usb hub: what?
inuyasharox: fingillyfooeyjiminy cricketjiminy cricketfooeyfingilly

Warn - While the swear was filtered and not directed at anyone, it was excessively used.

--------

TL;DR:
- Swears caught by the filter are okay if not directed at another user.
- If a swear is directed at another user, depending on the severity, a warning should be given (regardless of whether or not it was caught by the filter).
- Filter evading is not allowed.
- Excessive swearing is not allowed.

Spamming/Flooding

Have you ever been unsure whether something is considered spam?
Here's the golden rule: 3 or more lines of meaningless text or a repeated message is spam.

Example 1:

LCPD: uhbdububeu
LCPD: hrebdsouhbe
Clairehof: dont spam
LCPD: r4hbfdohu4o3hbo32hb

Warn - There were 3 lines of meaningless text.

Example 2:

Clairehof: OMG
Artasmas: what?

Warn - There were 3 lines of a repeated message.

Example 3:

Waterwing: NO
Waterwing: NO
Clairehof: what ww?

Don't Warn - This is only 2 lines of a repeated message. Only warn when it is 3 or more.

Example 4:

LCPD: WHAT?
Clairehof: yes lC?
Clairehof: do you need something?
Waterwing: hey LC

Warn - Even if the repeated message (3 times or more) is spaced out, it still is not allowed.

Example 5:

Clairehof: Hey everyone
Clairehof: how are you guys?
Clairehof: lol

Don't Warn - Since these messages actually have meaning and have been kept to a reasonable number of lines, it is not considered spam.

Example 6:

Clairehof: HAI
Clairehof: how
Clairehof: are
Clairehof: you
Clairehof: ?
Clairehof: ?

Warn - This is a flood. Even though this text has meaning, it does not need to be broken up into 6 separate messages.

Example 7:

bls1999: OMG
bls1999: GUYS GUESS WHAT
bls1999: SO I WAS RACING AND I ENDED UP FINDING THE ARTIFACT
bls1999: THAT'S SO COOL RIGHT???
bls1999: I WAS REALLY EXCITED!!!

Warn - Excessive use of caps is flooding.

--------

TL;DR:
- 3 or more lines of meaningless text or a repeated message is spamming.
- Messages spaced out over an unreasonable amount of space is flooding.
- Excessive use of caps is flooding.

Flaming (or being mean)

Have you ever seen a user flame another in the chat and not been sure whether to warn for it or not? Here are some examples that are sure to help you out.  Note: flames can include swears, but don't have to.

Example 1:

DirtRacer: Hey
Clairehof: I HATE YOU DIRT, STFU AND BURN IN HECK
Dirtracer: ...

Warn - This is a nasty, direct flame.

Example 2:

Clairehof: You stink gosh noob!
LCPD: be nice
Clairehof: no

Don't Warn - Even though Clairehof was being rude, you may just want to warn verbally first.

Example 3:

1python64: hi guys =]
Legisperitus: I hate you so much and I hope you die.
1python64: oh...

Warn - While the user didn't swear in his flame, it was still pretty rude.

Example 4:

e46m3: hi everyone
Clairehof: hey you butthead
e46m3: lol hey Claire

Don't Warn - Sometimes good friends joke with each other, and it may be difficult to distinguish from a flame. If you're unsure, don't warn and ask a mod.

--------

TL;DR:
- Nasty flames get a warning.
- Lighter flames get a verbal warning initially.

Languages other than English

English is the official language of the PR2 chat. If any users are speaking other languages, inform them of this rule before warning them. If they persist past warning 3, kick them and notify a staff member.

Inappropriate Content

Any mention of sexual innuendo is against the rules and warrants an immediate warning. Inappropriate websites warrant an immediate kick.

Asking for Passwords/Scamming

NEVER give your password to ANYONE. It is your responsibility to encourage others to do the same.

There is no tolerance on PR2 for asking for passwords.  However, while account trading and sharing are both frowned upon, they are allowed when executed in a private conversation.  If someone intiates an account trade in the chat, you should give a verbal warning first, with a request to take it to PMs.  Attempted scamming and asking for passwords both warrant an immediate warning, and possibly a ban by a full moderator (depending on the severity).

Example 1:

Eternal: sup guys
grim ripper1: hey can we share accounts?

Don't Warn - The user may just not know about the rule. A verbal warning should be given, accompanied with a request to take the trade to a more private setting.

Example 2:

cod4fan: hi guys c:
Dev52: give me your pass cod4fan

Warn - The user directly asked for a password.

Example 3:

Nemo Nation: what a day to be alive
TRUC: PM me your password for a crown!

Warn - This is a blatant scam and deserving of a warning, at the very least.

--------

TL;DR:
- Asking to trade accounts warrants a verbal warning and a request to continue the conversation privately.
- Asking for passwords and scamming both warrant immediate warnings.
- NEVER give your password to ANYONE. It is your responsibility to encourage others to do the same.

Illegal/Malicious Websites

Posting illegal or malicious websites is a bannable offense. If you suspect a website to be inappropriate, save the chat log, kick the user, and report the incident to a staff member.

Impersonation

Have you ever seen a user impersonating someone else?  Ask yourself the following question: are the usernames similar enough to each other that a friend might mistake one for the other?

Example 1:

Clairehof vs. CIairehof (the second username has an I instead of an L)
Warn - This is a blatant impersonation attempt.

Example 2:

Flame and Flame3

Don't Warn - The two usernames have significant differences that distinguish one from another.

Remember, if you see someone impersonating someone else, warn them and ask them to use a different account. Some mods skip to account bans with impersonators, but since you are only a temp mod there is no need to worry about that.

Warning on Request

Don't do it under any circumstances.  Only when someone breaks the rules of the chatroom are you allowed to warn them.

Example 1:

bls1999: ban me
Legisperitus: no
bls1999: :c

Don't Warn - They didn't break the rules.

Example 2:

LCMK: BAN ME
bls1999: ?

Warn - They broke a rule. Warn for that, but not for their ban request.

Some final pieces of advice:
- Users look up to you! Set an example, answer questions, and act with integrity, responsibility, and kindness.
- You are not the supreme dictator of the chat.  You are a peacekeeper!
- Always start out with warning 1, and then move up the scale. Never skip warnings.
- Pressing and holding CTRL pauses the chat. This may come in handy if it's moving rather quickly.
- If you are unsure whether to warn, then don't warn.
- Read every line of chat that comes through to really stay on top of things.
- During your session as a temporary moderator, it's best not to race.
- Treat everyone equally (i.e. don't make exceptions for your friends when moderating).
- Other staff members are there to help you.  If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask!
- Don't sweat it, and be yourself!

This thread was recovered from a web.archive.org link.  It was originally posted by Clairehof on JV.  I have updated the thread and posted it here for new temp mods to reference.

Print this item